How to unlock battlegrounds hero slots and perks?

I’m new to battlegrounds, and I see two things, which have 0 explanation on how to use in game:

• Perks button, which I press with 0 result. It just shakes and makes sounds and shows no new windows or anything else. Why there is even such a button if it doesn’t work? I tried with MacOS and Windows.
  • Hero picks at the start of the match, there are like 4 slots and two of them are closed, so I’m able to pick only among 2 heros. How do I unlock more? I see in google people say that you need to buy cards for this, but I’m not sure if it’s still correct (the mod is in beta) and which cards exactly do I need to buy. I don’t want to waste gold for nothing, and again - there is nothing in game which would indicate that this is how it works.
    Thanks.

It’s in a weird stare now because the full release is in conjunction with the expansion next week, so they don’t want to intentionally rip people off.

Currently if you already had the perks from the beta, you have them until next week. If you get the tavern pass, you’ll have them now and for the next 4 months or so. You can either get it by buying the mega bundle or separately with £££/gold.

The alternative is you just play for free with 2 hero choices. Personally it’s only worth it if your hardcore into battlegrounds.

I see. Thank you.

Where exactly can I buy tavern pass for gold? In the in game shop I see only card packs and adventure mods. And bundles for £££.

You can get it next week for 2500g.

1 Like

Oh. I see. Thank you!

hmmm well Ashes just released and there are no perks. Glad I saved up my 2500g =)…

slowly turning battlegrounds into a “pay-to-win” auto battler…not happy about this change…at all!

6 Likes

Is it still possible to unlock 4 hero choices in BG by buying 2000 gold worth of packs?

No. Buying packs (30, not 20) was the key to unlock BG perks during the Descent of Dragons expansion.

During Ashes of Outland, you can only get BG perks by buying the pre-release bundle (not available anymore) or by buying the battle pass (2500 gold or IIRC $20, for BG perks and 4 arena runs).

1 Like