Hunter card where they can go ham with mutliple cards? What card is this?

Hi all,

I just finished a game with a hunter. I was pritty dominating the whole game but when i got to 10 mana all of a sudden he pulled 1 card and he cleared the whole deck. There was fog over the board and he was drawing 3 5/5 minions and cleared the board with all kind of spells in 1 turn.

Does anyone know what card this is? And how could you prepare for it? (Murlock Shaman)

Cheers.

Your description sounds like a “slightly” exaggerated description of what Zul’Jin can do. The 5/5 minions are due to the recasts of Unleash the Beast. Clearing the whole deck is probably a side effect of recasting Tracking.

Most Hunter games go longer than 10 turns, Zul’Jin gets stronger as more spells have been cast during the game - most often at 10 turns only very little spells were used. However, it IS possible to have two Tracking and three Unleash the Beast by turn 10, and at that point Zul’Jin would be a strong play indeed.

With aggro decks such as Murloc Shaman, the best counter is to win before they draw and play Zul’Jin. As mentioned above, having Zul’Jin in hand at turn 10 AND having played enough spells to make it a good play is rare. Usually you have a few more turns.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, ill check the replay but i am pritty sure he ended up with 3 5/5

Unleash the Beast is a Twinspell, so each copy can be cast twice, giving the Hunter a potential of 4 5/5s when they play Zul’Jin.

Depending on what spells they’ve played, depends on whether or not you can play around Zul’jin, but most of the time you’re goal is to kill them before they can play it.

You do need to get out of the mindset that you were “dominating the game” though. In any particular point in a game of HS, whose ahead is debatable across several different factors, some of which you might have no idea to account for I.e. value in hand/deck.

Ok lets state that i was the agressor the whole game and he was almost down :smiley:

1 Like

Had the same today. The guy played zul on 1 hp and so ge got his life rush buffed beasts plus 2 4/4 taunts from animak companion.

Well gg rngsus…

Happens