Hunter's Flare card problem

It would be great if someone from HS do something about hunter’s Flare card which says that it destroys ALL enemy secrets but when it comes to destroying mage’s counterspell secret it is blocked and useless!
That means that flare spell cannot destroy ALL enemy secrets!

They chose counter spell to have priority, so that’s just an interaction to learn.

If it was the other way around you could say “mages counter spell problem!!!”.

it clearly says ALL SECRETS and mage counterspell is a SECRET and it must be destroyed if destroys ALL SECRETS!

Yes , this can be one of the situations where you learned a exception to the rule, if your opponent has 3 secrets up then there will be a good chance that one of them is counterspell, next time play another cheap spell before it if you really need to destroy his secrets that turn.

Counterspell clearly states when your opponent plays a SPELL, counter it. Flare is a SPELL and as a SPELL it must get countered.

1 Like

Correct. If Counterspell goes off, it will destroy all secrets. Including counterspell.

Challenge is to get it to go off and not be countered when Counterspell is up.
(One way to do that is e.g. to play Yogg-Saron; I think Counterspell only counters what you cast and not what Yogg casts).

But Flare is a spell, and Counterspell counters spells. Their effects are prevented. If Counterspell would trigger after the spell has already gone off, it would be rather useless.
Try playing a minion that destroys secrets if you want a way to deal with Counterspell (that is more reliable them hoping for Yogg to select the right random spell).

ok look blad mages need a quicktime nerf and hunter needs a quicktime buff

I understand what all of you are talking here and I agree with you,I have learned alot time ago how to check if secret is a counterspell but it happens sometimes that I do not have any cheap spells except flare…and I still think that flare spell needs to edit his description that it does destroys all secrets except counterspell or something like that 'cause it is really frustrating to see a secret and to play flare and what happens next we all know…