Is Hearthstone rigged? Yes ? No?

I have been playing Hs for hours, during today’s day…
I have 3 decks, A/B/C
everytime i pick the Deck A i get matched against the same type of decks (AGRO)
If i go and chose Deck B i will always be matched against Late game decks…
If i play Deck C the only decks i play against are mages and hunters with spells and secrets, IF FOR ANY REASON, i go and make a new ‘’ randoom ‘’ deck … i will get matched against decks completly dif from usual ??? is this even normal ? does it happen to you guys ?

2 Likes

well maybe each deck have it’s own separate mmr or your loses effected your general mmr, which is a hidden rank that helps match you to a “worthy opponent”. it gets frustrating sometimes when all your decks face an unfavorable match ups but that’s not intentional or anything, just how mmr works when you are unlucky…

By nature of MMR itself, Hearthstone is what some would call “rigged”. So yes, it is.

At the same time though, without it, matchmaking would be complete chaos. You’d most likely be facing people far above your own skill and get decimated. So whatever amount of rigging exists is there to make sure everyone has about a 50/50 chance of winning. Of course this can’t be perfect but within these bounds individual skill of piloting their decks comes into play. Whoever plays their deck better with the luck of the draw usually ends up winning, no matter what kind of deck.

It is not rigged bit there are massive algorithms at work.

And no, it is not RNG. If you believe that Blizzards RNG is true RNG (for any of their games, not just HS) then you must run, not walk, to get help.

In recent years Blizzards attitude towards it’s games is that brand new players can beat world class players, even if it is a small chance.

The reason why this attitude was brought in was because younger generations aren’t willing to put in the grind to ‘get gud’. They want to be Leet right now.

That, of course, means that difficult games don’t make money because kids want everything right now.

To my point, these algorithms that are at work try to make sure that anyone can beat anyone which means that you end up with the OPs situation.

I’ve played this game for years. For example; The opponent plays with the Reno deck, the Reno card is always at max. I’ve seen it fall into the opponent’s hand for up to 9 mana. Thousands of times. The Reno card can never be the last card.How unlucky I am.

How does mmr equal rigged?

picking Hoggar and not getting any pirate in the first 6 turns ! can u please explain that ?

Not the kind of rigged that some people are trying to make it seem like.
But if matchmaking was truly random, there would be no consistency like I outlined.
So in short, the matchmaking has to be “rigged” for it to function like actual matchmaking. But it doesn’t mean Hearthstone is rigged, you feel me?

https://i.imgur.com/U7dgXjX.png

True. Matchmaking is rigged. I built a Aggro Paladin deck just to test this out.

Oh look, my opponents just happen to be playing the perfect counter deck to Aggro. Every time. All the time.

Wow, what a coincidence.

1 Like

And that post above me makes me feel vindicated in making the clarification. Because it is always taken out of context.

i can feel the pain xD

If that were true every competitive game that uses a ranking is rigged which is stupid

Again, not the kind of rigged you were thinking about.
But some people try to conflate the two.

what are you even saying?

You’re matched by your win rate/loss rate.

As you win games, you’re matched against players with the same win streak as you.

As you lose games, you’re matched against players who have the same win/loss ratio.

That’s all there’s to it. Everything else is just conspiracy theories and confirmation bias.

1 Like