Leroy Jenkins....DO ONE!

Is it time to hall of fame this braindead card as it is in just about every deck…

checks the stats woah when did that happen? I’ve been giving Leroy as one of my HoF picks for several years, but if you think it’s a brain dead card, then you really lack a lot of understanding and you’ve lost/won a lot of games based on your opponents ability to use the card, without you even realising it.

The card is only ever seen at the end of a match as a finisher…doesnt get much more braindead than that for me. The fact he is based on a real warcraft event is the only decent thing about it. What stats?

Aggro would loose a big finisher which would weaken the whole archtyp i assume.

Dont think that would be good in the long run.

1 Like

Thank you for proving my point.

Hsreplay. Leeroy is in 44.4% of decks which is pretty damn high, 2nd to only Zilliax which is in 60.3% but that’s been on top pretty much since it’s release and nobody seems to mind. https://hsreplay.net/cards/?hl=en#sortBy=includedPopularity

I think forcing aggro decks to have different questions, rather than the same one forever in standard is an extremely good thing. It’s the same principle as to why Alex/Maly are also on my list. So rather than the archetype being weakened, now new cards fill the gap which changes the power level set to set/class to class. So sometimes it’s it’s weaker, sometimes it stronger but not just a static flat line.

There is a combo with Leroy Jenkins :

Summon him to give opponent a dragon, and guess who just loves dragons…

DRAGON MAW POUNCHER!

Proving what point? My lack of understanding? I just dont look at stats.

You: some up how Leeroy is used in 1 sentence.

Me: Can’t be bothered to type the multiple paragraphs, to explain that your view is plan A, yet there’s still most of the alphabet left.

i feel your pain buddy, even tho my problem isnt Leeroy but the current rate of which aggro decks are overwhelming the ladder. I made a serious rant post which may or may not get me perma banned, but ill leave it here for you, maybe you can relate to the rage i feel. Youre not alone at all you just have the guts to go on forums and risk opening your mouth.

since i cant seem to link, just look for my name in this thread and the title: WTAF did u do blizzard. I know im being quite rude but at this point idc anymore

1 Like

Youre definitly not alone.

Im not one of the leeroy haters but there are many

In every forum there is at least one thread.

I dont think they will do it tough

I heared he got nerfed twice allready and he is an important finisher for an archtype

Leeroy is a stupid card true but apart of druid, it is not a problem anywhere else. Now 10/4 with charge is just too much but keep in mind that it is also a 10 mana cost card.
Saying this, if Leeroy goes away Rog would have to look for another finisher. The class is just too powerful so maybe killing their main finishing tool will bring the necessary balance.

Leroy Jenkins card has many uses, Raise Priest for instance play on curve if you have it and kill the 2 dragon tokens to add to the raise pool of the priest. Its used a a clear for a taunt , used to trigger secret of a mage or hunter. its battlecry for shaman etc. Maybe you do not play the card properly my experience its situational.

The HOF brigade comes every year for Leroy Jenkins but its a charge minion it would just be replaced with the basic 6 drop card 5/2 charge people would start on that one for HOF. Just accept Leroy is best to stay around because its very versatile.

I doubt that. Reckless Rocketeer is a fine replacement.

just use him, and then use Dragonmaw Pouncher

Well ofc thats the next replacement but one dmg less for one mana more can be huge

True, but Leroy is unique, the Rocketeer is not :wink:

I agree with you :slight_smile:

Also you dont have the (depending on the situation) downside on giving the opponent 2 minions.

But for me this is exactly the argument in favour of leeroy.

:wink:

For me the argument is that Leeroy has been the finisher for every aggro deck for all time and will continue to be. Whereas removing him opens up space for other cards, especially class to class, where they can do better than 5 charge damage for 6 (holyfire,starfire,new cards etc) or even have a version of Leeroy in a class that can’t utilize him in the traditional way.

He is in just about every deck now, not just aggro.
Blizz said they would hall of fame cards which became auto-picks for mass amounts of decks.
e.g. Ragnaros
I have never used it personally but am now saving dust just to have him as an auto-pick too.

“Checks the stats”

He’s in most aggro and tempo deck. Outside of that he’s a fringe choice in Handlock for some reason but shouldn’t be put in any other deck. Leeroy’s in 44.5% of decks but I think aggro/tempo makes up more of the meta than that atm.