Mercenaries: Mode Suggestions

Dear all,

I would like to share a few ideas I have regarding the Mercenaries Mode.
I am a multi-month Leaderboards PVP player, with a full collection and almost fully maxed one as well. I have been playing since release and truly enjoy the mode.

In order to make it even better, here is my main suggestion I would like to see introduced:

Mercenaries PVP Arena Draft Mode

I see two main ways for drafting:

1. Mercenaries roulette
    Two Players draft from a shared pool or mercenaries with the following principle: Player A gets first pick, than Player B gets second and third pick, Player A follows with picks four and five, Player B gets the fifth and sixth, Player A goes for seventh and eighth, Player B picks final two Mercenaries for the comp and Player A finishes his with the last pick.
    The shared pool should have at least 24-36 Mercenaries to choose from, maybe more.

2. Standard Arena Draft
    Players choose 1 Mercenary from three presented choices until they have a team of 7 Mercenaries. Then they can discard one of their choice and start battling.

Suggestions for standard drafting rules:

1. Pick based - All Mercenaries come with equipments fully unlocked and the player chooses which equipment to pick based on the final comp they have before locking it in.
  2. RNG based - All Mercenaries come with a specific equipment already picked while in the selection process and the player cannot change it. This will add an additional layer of RNG but also skill when deciding how to best build a comp from the pool.

Additional rules:

To make things less RNG dependent, after a certain mercenaries tribe is picked, players could be offered at least two more mercenaries from the same tribe by the end of the draft in order to have a solid opening hand or bench, if the player so chooses. It is up to them whether they pick them or not, but this might help newer players learn the ropes better if this is the main mode they play and haven’t seen all the options.

I would like to hear your opinions on the above as well as raise awareness for the mode and it’s potential. My vision for the future of the mode is bright and I truly hope that the stakeholders can see that too and give freedom to the developers to do their magic.

Sincerely,
Vombata

What’s the aim in Mercenaries, Hearth Stone?

I love the Mercenaries game, but why can’t you use your decks and skills to obtain something? Like a Mercenaries ranking or Arena style game or similar?

I would love something where you pay something to be in the game, like Arena, but where you use your own decks, and then you can win prices if you do well.

Please, it would be so much fun :smiley: