New battlegrounds patch sucks

It honestly just sucks. The game before this was really good. Why do you have to overly complicate things. The game is now hollow. Seems suitable that it happens now that the game becomes a money grab. GG

Battlegrounds is better now than it has ever been.

The only complaint I have is there seems to be too much poison now. I am not too sure how to combat poison tribes apart from divine shield, just have to hope my attack is big enough. A lot of the time the poison minion has divine shield too so I don’t stand a chance.

Tunnel blaster, golden selfless, Baron + 4 big minions will often do it.

Big cleave is another out.

Mechs with multiple shields.

Poison is definitely frustrating at times but it’s rarely unbeatable in circumstances where you wouldnt lose to the stats without poison anyway.

1 Like

Rigged, bugged, op ubeatble combos, more bugs, p2w, even more bugs, f2p players are forced to lose, bots added to counter f2p players. Yes very good game. Yhx god Microsoft anounced it will replace most of the blizz employees on games with problems. Bye bye incompetent developers

You’re talking nonsense and you know it.
There’s no bias between free to play players and those who spend money.
Because those who don’t spend money, have to spend time. Time to acquire new cards, time to level up in the track. Time, dude.

Time and money are equivalent.

How about an example?

A new game just came out and it costs 60$.

You really want it but can’t afford to spend right now. A year from now you’ll be able to get it for less, on a sale.
What do you do if you want to buy it for less? You wait.
Meaning you spend time to save money.

You’ve waited a year and got it for 30$.
A year out of your life without the game is worth 30$ in this case.

1 Like

Actualy it is, and since the last patch quite a few streamers demonstrate it. They made new acounts, when they could easily get 7k+ rating on they’re main accounts, on the free to play ones they couldn’t get past 4.5k. it seems there’s in 80% of the games someone who take the same minions as them and also someone who has they’re perfect counters with perfect rolls and quests.

Anyway, some Microsoft employee sayd in an a interview that they will fire and replace the people who work now in blizzard games who have problems. I’ll be glad to see some of the hearthstone guys lose they’re job, they don’t deserve to work in gaming industry.

Why care about Battlegrounds rankings? I mean, outside of bragging rights?
Do you get something special if you’re at 7k rating as opposed to 4k?
It’s literally just a number that gives you nothing other than some dubious sense of achievement.

You’re getting matched up against stronger opponents, within the same bracket; that is all.
All it gives you is an excuse to complain if you’ve lost.

There are no free lunches in life. Everything that is “free” has strings attached.
Apparently, you want everything for free. But please realize that a group of people have worked hard to provide you this content. Content that is continuously updated.

You know what, let me devise you an expansion of 135 cards every 4 months. I’ll charge 5$ for it instead of 30. But each card will have poorly drawn stickmen on it instead of detailed art. Because I’m a lousy graphical artist.

Will that make you happy? That you’re paying for shoddy craftsmanship? I don’t think so.

Streamers thrive on viewership figures. They need to attract clicks from others, so they post something sensationalist. It’s just false advertising.

For every 12 wins Arena run that Trump gets, he plays five bad ones. Those don’t make the cut for uploading, because there’s nothing to show in them. Unless he wants to demonstrate a point in showing that good players can get bad luck too, or there’s something comical in them.

1 Like

Dude the people who spend money here are already doing that

The people who spend money just get quicker access to new content than those who don’t.

Realy? I don’t see people who dont pay getting 4 chooses in battlegrounds, or getting some decent rngs

You get less choice in heroes if you don’t spend. That’s all.If you’re a good player you can make do with what’s on offer. Always. Because there are so many characters in Battlegrounds.
You know what wouldn’t be fair to free to play players? If Blizzard decided that one of the 10 classes is only for people who want to spend money. Because out of 10 you’ll always only get to play 9. This would break the game too.
That, and if they restricted access to one of the game modes only to those who pay. Then it wouldn’t be free to play.

Of course Blizzard would want to get money out of players who play Battlegrounds a lot. Or do you think new content for Battlegrounds just magically appears out of nowhere? It’s work that has to be funded. What company doesn’t like money?

Do you like to work for free?

And there’s no such thing as decent RNG.
RNG is 100% random.

You’re underselling the impact of having a choice of 2. You get stuck with a low tier hero way more often, that’s just how statistics work (cause you only need 1 choice to be good the difference between a choice of 2 and 4 is exponential). If I was to equate it to constructed, it’d be like saying every 3rd game you get to start with 1 less card. You can still win but it’s a definite handicap. It will effect your MMR quite a bit. Doesn’t mean you’re not wrong with your opinion of “who cares?” :smile:

The only mainline BG streamer I know who is playing with 2 heroes is ItsBen and he was at 9173. If those streamers were stuck at 7K with 4 heroes, I can see them being stuck at 4.5K with 2. Nothing to do with it being rigged, just them not being that good.

I agree that it’s a handicap. It’s not a deal breaker, though.

Getting top 4 in Battlegrounds qualifies as victory. The reward is in the gameplay itself, not the actual outcome.
The ranking itself doesn’t matter really too. Just a number with no prizes behind it.

It’s not like you can’t play with one of the eligible tribes. That would have been completely and utterly unfair to f2p.

Yeah, guys. All you have to do to beat poison is spend 14 turns with Nomi spam buffing 4 elementals. Then on turn 15 sell 3 minions (One needs to be the money pirate) and find the exact 5 minions you need to counter poison.

It’s so easy.

Alternatively you can burn 15 gold collecting the 5 cards throughout the game and cost yourself enough tempo to be dumpstered out of the match by mid range beasts/mechs/demons/naga that all hit for 15-30 on turn 9-10 if decently highrolled in the early-mid game.

Or, just play Murlocs and casually find toxfin (which should never have been brought back) while you’re in the middle of spam stacking stats on them. And if you get 1 single 6 drop you can throw it to the right of said toxfin and afk for 5 turns while your whole board is poisoned and you fish for the same selfless the rest of the lobby needs to just barely tie you.

The game is in a terrible spot from a “fun” aspect. Quests, fundamentally, are fun. But typically the game plays 3 ways:

• You omega highroll your quest early and slam everyone for max damage on way to a win before people can tier up to 5/6 to counter you
  • You get a really fun/interesting quest but have taken 25-35 damage in 6-7 turns by people who highrolled the early game.
  • You spend the entire game playing a very fun/interesting build just to run into someone who swapped last minute to 2 leeroys, 2 mantids and a DS poisoned amalg and you lost with a board full of stacked minions.

I thought they got rid of the spider to avoid the whole “last minute swap to all poison, win game” horse sh**. But here we are. It’s a completely viable build to literally sell 7 minions you spent 14 turns buffing to buy a bunch of poison/leeroy stuff. [I understand spider could be reborn, but they could have just taken away the beast tag and it’s just a worse Mantid…]

In fact, in most cases, you are better off selling multiple 150/150+ golden Teras to pick up the same number of 5/5 mantids. How is that fun

Well that’s not true because of Nadina but I agree with your point in general with Mantids/Leroy.

The irony of cause being that end build also beats murlocs :smile:

The idea is you get your build, then when you see it’s just poison scam you need to beat, you donkey roll for the counters abandoning your scaling as it does nothing.

I don’t like poison, but I beat it more often than I lose to it if I get to that endgame. I think there are some fun minions that have to be cut if you remove poison as it’s too easy to scale there health.

to be honest, there are a couple changes I would make.
1 - Have the buddy quest appear more often. I’m going on a good 50 games of battlegrounds and I haven’t seen it once.
2 - Fix some of the quest interactions with hero powers. Zephyrs for example has access to Pilfered Lamps which essentially disables his hero power, even if you have charges. Easy fix would be to reduce the cost of the 2nd unit to 0 based on remaining charges.
3 - Change Poison to Venom, which was highlighted about a year ago, but to summarize instead of Poison being permanent, once its used its gone.

1 Like