New game mode in Hearthstone

I shall coin this the “Old Gamer Fallacy”. Gamers that think that since they play for a long time, they know game design. All of the posts you wrote here forget the number 1 rule of design in general and game design in particular: you are not your audience. I could drop my own fallacies here, but I find it a lot more entertaining to watch you throw yours like they mattered.

You say you know, but like John Snow, you know nothing. All the claims you made about what is good for the game are based only on your personal preferences. You, me and everyone here have absolutely no idea what is best for the game because we don’t have access to the teams data, meetings, dashboards, board and managerial requests, etc, etc, etc. What we know for a fact, are the things that would be better for our own entertainment, and even those often fail when put in practice.

Even if you are 100% right, it is purely luck. I personally think that if you are right in just one of your points, that’s luck too.

2 Likes

So much hate and rudeness. All he’s doing is sharing his ideas for more diversity in Hearthstone.

You really are a dumb c*nt. Who are you even talking to? I enjoy KADR’s ideas.

And KADR, you should avoid sentences like this one. Reading comprehension skills are already extremely low around here, but a sentence like this, especially at the start of your post, will cause some crossed wires and they can’t even read on to see what the actual content of the post is, as is shown quite clearly by the responses.

You might be rocking that Pyros pfp, But every time you enter a conversation, All I hear is the Deathwing’s intro sound effect…

And to the OP; You are aware that hsreplay.net exists, Right? Perhaps seeing the raw numbers of people playing in different ranks could finally wake you up from your fantasies and end your personal assumptions that are based on nothing but thin air!?

1 Like

Well i dont enjoy his ideas and the way he presents them.

Thats the reason i didnt answer so far.

I only step by to suggest the same thing to people who think hes trolling or worse…

If thats the chase dont comment. Everyone is happy

1 Like

Thanks for your remark, i made corrections. Yes, Iam really think that i found absolutley the best ideas for new game mode. There is only need to test and prototype different variations and combinations set from them and chose suitable mechanic, gameplay, rules for requirements of new game mode .

Looking forward to test that prototype.

3 Likes

and here is Vlad, hi. Thanks for your comments, man. As usual, you don’t want to read article and you think that I don’t understand the game design - what ever. I am glad, that you have expressed attention to these holy commandments and hope, that someone will look it too…

Your fallacy is thinking you need to be in the business in order to have an opinion. You don’t have to be a chef to know if something tastes good or bad.

Try to think a little bit. If something doesn’t taste to you, doesn’t mean that others dont like it.

Do you have the data that are available to blizzard regarding the game? Do you know the plans they have for the game? Did you ever in your life work on some game? Do you know what they would have to do to implement new mod in to the game? Do you know how much it would cost to make semiworking product? Do you have any data how would that impact the game in any way? Do you know what will happened to the current player base?

He said that this would be good for game, then lets as see the data that support that arguments, and lets see the alpha version.

It just is spoiled kid whining, who is upset because someone didn’t ask him for permission to do something.

1 Like

Exactly the reason you don’t know his ideas wouldn’t be good for the game.
Thank you.

I don’t think that “good for the game” is unambiguous.

on one hand there are different target groups with different needs. for example if people had to decide whether chess or angry birds is a better game. for some it’s clearly chess because they want to think strategically. for others it’s angry birds because they don’t want to think at all and just kill some time while resting their minds.

on the other hand there’s the company making the game. whatever is “good for the game” might not be what makes the most money for the company, which is definitely a thing to consider for them.

No. He represented his ideas as facts. So it would be normal to share the data on which he base those claims.
And again, do you have the data that blizzard have that would support his claims (represented as facts). Also he didn’t came up with nothing new that blizzard already didn’t know so i think of and have data how would that look like.

Yeah, you’re just an idiot.

I was use real numbers, which are repeatedly voiced by developers many times. 95% of players are Casuals, who play Casual mode, so who buys packs? Don’t boil and take some time to think… What the point to make all game for Ranked if players want to play only for fun? Need to make New game mode for Casuals. How personaly i know audeience? Becouse this is also was anounced many times in developers diary. Blizzard told same informations, that players wnat only same ideas: presets and synergy. As you can see, I fully own reliable information and statistics, and in general everything, in order to understand that real situation is way like this. You can named all this ideas as my own - its ok. Read my other articles.

I don’t think that, at all. Not for one minute. Never did, never will. Plenty of people who are not in the industry share their opinions here without me directly confronting them, you included.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah, Sure that’s what the numbers say…

1 Like

it is 1000% sure. No other options. Thats why iam offer to make new game mode, where will be possible to play simple, fun, synergy, rare archetypes.

that is your bias opinion. Did you ever try to program CCG?

And for your information 1000% is no more then 100%. The moment you exaggerate is the moment when you show us that you are still not mature person. When you grow up you’ll see that exaggerate is pointless, especially when you want to point something out.
Advice: when you’ll grow up and you will start to seek for a job, don’t exaggerate, it would look like you are mocking your maybe-future boss

Again, you didn’t mention anything new that in some way didn’t appear in the game, so blizzard have more accurate data then you. Any data that is not directly from HS is pointless.

Blizzard have paid people that collect data, analyse them, and make the best direction where the game will head. If you think that you know better then them with your no knowledge about CCG, about any data about the game, then make your own game and you will see what will happened.

I assume that you have studied the fields needed to analyse market and know what will bring you best profit, how hard is program the game, etc. when you are so sure about everything.

it is very strange, that in my article about NEW GAME MODE you try to fantasy about some wierd stories, which you represent me as a character who dispute with you! All this dispute happens only in your imagination. Return to topic. Iam describe New mode here. These thoughts are undeniable. No one talk about someones opinion or doubt, becouse here personaly iam invent a 50-200 genious ideas for NEW GAME MODE in ONE article. I can said for 100% sure, that this article is the smartest article in all history of Hearthstone forum. Do you think I’m not exaggerating? I can congratulate myself on being able to write such clever material on which you can learn. This is a holy Grail!

1 Like

Somebody probably likes his own facebook posts

1 Like