Oh he played that card? Too bad the card pool cant counter it

While playing plague or rainbow DK i have, with EXTREMELY LUCKY draws managed to counter warlocks and hunter (the ones I lose to most often, excluding warriors who place 6 “delete 3 enemy cards from the game when drawn” ((3x6=18, nearly 80% of your deck…)) bombs in the game.)

There are a couple of situational board clears, such as the DK “give all min. the deathrattle “deal 1 dmg to all min.””, or the “summon 4 1/1 with rush that die at end of turn”, which cost 2 and 3 mana, but other than that you WILL get rushed down and there is nothing that you can do to prevent it regardless of how you play.

If you focused entirely on lifesteal you get outramped and die.
If you focused entirely on taunts, you get outdamaged and outramped and die.
And a mix is useless, you don’t have the time to do as much in the game, so you get outramped and die on turn 5-7.

The exceptions to winning over warlocks was topdecking cards that dealt him direct dmg to the face and then having him precisely topdeck my plagues in a row, so that was down to RNG entirely.

I’m finding it really hard to do much of anything with rainbow DK against so many decks. It loses to Brann/Reno/Zilliax Warrior, Sif Mage and Zarimi Priest hard. Hunter decks can overrun it, Rogue decks too. I love rainbow DK (it’s my favourite deck atm) but sheesh it’s a slog in Gold 5 bracket.

1 Like

Reno changing to only requiring the starting state of the deck not involving duplicates was such a huge buff, especially against rainbow DK.
Nevermind that it costs ONE mana more now, the effect is still so immense.

Plague/Excavate Death Knight has been my favorite deck in a long time. I’ve reached Diamond 5 with it without any issues. Well, that was before the latest patch.

If they nerf Brann to 10 mana and a few more cards like Window Shopper and Sargeras we’d be looking at a more fun meta in Standard.

Putting a Dirty Rat instead of 1 Pile of Bones would make the deck stronger, I think.

Excavate ZilPlague

Class: Death Knight

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

2x (1) Staff of the Primus

2x (2) Distressed Kvaldir

2x (2) Down with the Ship

2x (2) Kobold Miner

2x (2) Pile of Bones

1x (3) Chillfallen Baron

1x (3) Hardcore Cultist

2x (3) Reap What You Sow

1x (4) Helya

2x (4) Skeleton Crew

2x (4) Tomb Traitor

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (2) Haywire Module

1x (2) Power Module

2x (5) Burrow Buster

1x (6) Gnomelia, S.A.F.E. Pilot

2x (7) Harrowing Ox

1x (8) The Primus

1x (9) The Scourge

2x (11) Chained Guardian

1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss

AAECAYjaBQiH9gT4+QWT+wXt/wX/lwbHpAbh5Qbh6wYL9fcFgvgF8vgFu/kF6/8FyoMG0IMG9YwG94wG85EGiJIGAAED8bMGx6QG8rMGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’m not a fan of Zilliax and I don’t use the card in any of my decks. I hate the fact that it appears in almost every deck regardless of theme.

1 Like