OP card Marvelous Mycelium

I would like to know WHO invented this card? I wonder what were your thoughts about it?
Did you sleep so excited all day long?
I’m paying 150 gold to enter duels and game is throwing at me some dumb player with this card. Why dumb? Cause he used 99% of his cards and still no win with me. I had almost full life. Then Marvelous Mycelium spam started. Game from 10 minutes playing went to 20 minutes, even 30 !!! WTF !!! Are you guys smoking some weed or what?
I had nice deck, nice cards and played above average. This card went to my deck somehow. And I used it too. Fight was tedious - enemy player from 1 card left on hand and 0 on deck came back to gain 5-6-7-8 cards in hand and still 1 Marvelous Mycelium EVERY round in deck. This could get 2 hours long fight but I had enough of this bull**** and just played stupid cards to lose. Whre is fun in this game?

Marvelous Mycelium author - please apologize here and DON’T ever create any cards in this game.

4 Likes

I just looked it up and it really got me excited to play Duels again. Some people just enjoy exactly what you’ve experienced. Sorry if that’s not what you like. This is why I wish there would be something like a custom game mode where people like me could have fun and then that boring other stuff for people like you I guess. No offense. Different people just like different things. Anyways…
Marvelous Mycelium author - don’t apologize and create MORE cards like it.

Of course ppl who play this card can enjoy it but it breaks game. What is the point to create good random deck if someone just play this dumb card and can win any game.
Sure I can get it for myself but there is another problem - 30-45 mins one game with 1 mycelium random kills. Where is the fun here?

“Breaks the game”? Come on, how so? Like if you get Rod of Roasting from the new Yogg at 1 HP and it hits the enemy Hero at 30 HP 3 times? “What’s the point of playing if someone can just do that and win any game?”

To be fair winning with Marvelous Mycelium is consistent since as an infinite value card you can outlast your opponent and that’s an actual wincondition. The strategy to use here is trying to close the game before the opponent gets any significant value out of that if your deck can’t compete with that. Now, you did say that he didn’t played it until the very end so you didn’t know. But you then have to ask yourself what was your wincondition if not exactly the same. They just happened to have a superior card in that treasure. (It being rather easily available as a starting treasure is actually something I don’t like about the mode. I would rather like to see more randomization there without the initial deck construction.)

What I like about it is just that you can continue to play the game and that’s pretty much it. Where’s the fun in that? Well, as I’ve said, not everyone might enjoy it. I personally just like playing the game and winning is just something that needs to happen eventually. I’m here to have fun playing the game. Winning is not so important to me. That’s the difference. As they say: “The journey is its own reward.”

Actually Mycelium is not the real problem, the real problem is Guff. I’ve played with Mycelium a few times without having Guff in my deck (cuz I don’t have it) and i can assure you that it’s not a broken card: you play it for 1 mana and you have 9 mana to play the cards you discover, nothing crazy! But with Guff you have 19 mana to spend on cards after Mycelium, and with the hero power you can draw it again and replay it.

Unless you play superfast deck you are screwed. And drood has soo much tools to prevent that. Yeah 35 min duels where you know you will loose eventually is sad.

1 Like

+1 to OP. It’s final (open wounds + deadly strike + crushing blow) to almost-dead Dual. Better to shut down Dual than have more folks waste time.