Please make duels completely free

I love the new game mode, but the issue i have is that you can use your own cards as the 16 starter cards. I wish it could be free cards like arena, where u dont have to own them. Its especially painful for me as a standard player since ive disenchanted my wild cards. So i would be extremely happy if we just got to pick the starter cards for free, cause it is a clear advantage for players who have all the good cards.

As an F2P player, I completely understand what you ask for. I have not disenchanted any wild cards myself, but I obviously have a very incomplete collection. So I, too, am limited in my starter 16 cards.

That said, I can also see Blizzard’s side. There are lots of game modes already that don’t require a collection. Arena is perhaps not very popular, but requires no collection. Tavern Brawl not always, but often requires no collection. Battlegrounds, which has become very popular, requires no collection. The only game mode that does still require a collection is constructed, and if Twitch is anything to go by, constructed has become much less popular. Already due to battlegrounds, now even more with Duels.

Blizzard only makes money off Hearthstone when people buy packs. The incentive to buy packs is wanting to play a game mode that requires a collection.

Long story short: If both Battlegrounds and Duels remains as popular as they appear to be now, and if both game modes were to be playable without collection, then what incentive is there left for players to spend money on the game?

At the end of the day, Blizzard is still a company that likes to make money, so they can pay their employees and make some profit for their shareholders.

yes I see your point. but a huge issue is the wild cards for me, why not have the recent expacs that i have the cards from? it seems wierd since alot of players dont care about wild anymore.

I think they should ban free players.
They contribute nothing to the game.

i think i spend enough on blizzard due to WOW subscription from 2005 until 2015 or something :stuck_out_tongue: , so i played my part into the development of the other blizzards games :wink:

Though this game is kept alive because of the free to play system, otherwise you would have major queu times :stuck_out_tongue:

ive been playing since the start and used alot of money on packs. including pre-orders. do you know how many cards are in these sets?? I disenchant my wild cards because of this. Cause if i dont i cant create a valid standard deck. Also ive played every other blizzard game and have subbed to WoW forever. So no im not a f2p player and still its not enough. even if i wasnt, your argument is very invalid since the playerbase has alot to say for shareholders and stock exchange. Also alot of people recommend Hearthstone to other friends, then they play and perhaps use money.