Reinstalled Hearthstone after 5 years... WOW

This game is the biggest crap I’ve ever seen. I know I will get flamed with comments like “why are you complaining? just uninstall!”, but seriously, the amount of randomness makes it unplayable, you don’t control anything, you can play perfectly and still lose to RNG. And i know it has always been like that, but at least you had an idea of what was going on in the game, you could have analysed the game and improved. Now you just play your stuff and hope for the best. Actual joke of a game.

4 Likes

You haven’t played in 5 years, and you want to figure out everything that has changed in one day?

Too lofty a task, huh?

I played 2-3 arenas and some constructed. Didnt take long to see the cards are horribly designed. Discover random, discover random, add random, add random, random random random…

1 Like

Really?
There’s a lot of strategy in the game. And you can’t expect to succeed in Arena if you don’t know the cards.You just can’t, because you don’t know what cards to expect and what most of them do.

Discovers are random, but you have to know how to use them. Do you pick a card that fits your curve for the next turn, or do you choose one which will let you use up your mana effectively this turn.
Or maybe you take a late game removal.
Knowing what to pick is part of that strategy.

Cards are discovered from a limited number of sets in each Arena season and in Standard. You have to know what sets are in play.

There was always RNG. Remember Mad Bomber? The barrels only hit you-you may lose; the barrels hit your opponent’s minion-you may win.

You clearly didnt understand what I said earlier - Mad Bomber is an onboard RNG, which is OK, similarly to eh, Knife Juggler - these cards could decide the game by themselves, but didnt create new cards that could impact the game at any given moment. You really dont understand the difference?

Why is onboard RNG somehow better in your estimation than other RNG? It’s still RNG.
Ragnaros hitting my face for 8 damage when there are 7 minions on my board is just bad luck. Laugh it off and start another match.

Both you and your opponent will have some access to Discover cards.

Thus there’s an equal opportunity for both sides to discover a card that may help them.

Always ask yourself: is there anything my opponent can do next turn that will result in my loss and do your best to answer his threat.

But you have to familiarize yourself with the new cards if you wish to succeed.
I recommend you watch some streamers. Like Trump.

You can also use the HearthArena app to help you with your draft.

About Discover cards: Do note that not all Discover cards are equal. For instance, when discovering minions, it’s better in many cases to discover a dragon than to discover a pirate. Because dragons are usually stronger and have bigger impact on the board, unless you’re playing with Pirates and want to discover Mr. Smite, or something of equal high value.

It’s just something that comes with knowledge of the game.

I recommend you watch people like reynad, who make insanely valid points. He was right about everything, saw it long time ago.

On the internet you will always find people who back up your views, no matter what they are, because we all have different opinions on different matters.
We’re talking about entertainment here. No one is right or wrong.

Hearthstone is my hobby game,I’ve played it from the very beginning without any breaks, and I’m not going to be swayed another way. I know why I love it.

Maybe give classic a go? You care enough to have bothered to post on a forum so obviously have an itch and that’s the least RNG hearthstone you can play.

1 Like

The overall feeling is just awful - you can outplay your opponent, have the game basically won and then one bs discover, some random spells and you end up with an empty board while opponent has a board and his hand is full of cards. Is it fun to you? I just cant believe how bad this game is, you are not happy about wins, you dont learn anything from your losses… Back in the day there was a LIMITED RNG, such as Ysera’s dream cards, you could play around them, nowadays theres ZERO counterplay.

Also, you want me to watch Trump, but when i counter it with reynad, you just brush it off, you are addicted to a bad game, congratulations.

Then hopefully you will find more fun in playing The Bazaar whenever that releases.

I personally don’t have much hope for it. Neither do I have much love for Reynad as a person. Too much salt.

I understand you’re salty. You’re not the first one , nor the last to express these sentiments. Do you think I win all my games? Gimme a break. I know how to take my losses in stride. The losses help me learn from my mistakes.

There’s always counterplay, ways to build a better deck.
Questline Hunter is giving you grief? Put some Cheesemongers and other disruptors in the deck.Play Highlander decks with Reno to heal up.

Of course, I’ll side with those who still enjoy the game. Isn’t that what we always do? Find a circle of people who share our interests? Why should I care what someone who’s burnt out on the game thinks? That’s not where I am.

ye same. came back after years of not playing. the power level of some cards is just stupid.
game was better back then

1 Like

It’s not about winning, it’s about the feeling that the game just plays itself with all these discover cards and options they present to you and your opponent. It feels like you have no control whatsoever, just play your cards and hope for the best. So much unnecessary variety, becuase the devs are obsessed with every game feeling FRESH.

But that’s not true at all. You can’t analyze what’s going on, because you’ve been absent from the game too long. I know the game inside and out, I have all the cards, I know what I can expect from my opponent and what I can’t. I know all the popular decks.

The same way you could know that your opponent can’t play King Krush on turn 1. He still can’t,

1 Like

Why exactly are you lying ? Do you think that by lying that you know the game and have yada yada yada we have more reasons to believe you ?

If you knew the game inside and outside you would agree with Jed…but since you think that you are a pro player by mulligan and playing curvestone 80% of the time there isn’t much point in debating the lie.

I’m lying and everyone is in conspiracy against you to make you lose.
Is that a response that’s more to your liking?
I don’t understand what would you want the game to be if you’re unhappy with every outcome?
You win several matches, then start losing-you complain. You lose, and then start winning-it’s the same.

What do you want? To play Chess? You can play Chess.
Or you can play cards. Hearthstone is exactly like every other card game.
You lose some and you win some.

Not against me…define against who…cuz I am entering the game and afking 2 games at a pace of 3 days…Still rank diamond by the way. Due to how your “not rigged” algorithm works.

And no, hearthstone was like any card game, you won some you lost some…Hence why the ranking system was revamped…Now hearthstone is play a lot , play fast TO win more, due to again your “not rigged” algorithm

No one is going to waste their time trying to code something as complicated as matching you up against a counter deck.
All the most natural things in life are simple by design.

What is a counter deck, anyway? If the player piloting the deck is no good, then it’s not going to counter anything.A deck is nothing: just a collection of cards; it can’t counter anything by itself.

You’re matched by player skill, but since skill can’t be gauged by a machine, the player with similar winrate to you will oppose you next.

And when you go on a loss streak, your opponents weaken, because they’ve also been on a loss streak.

1 Like

You say you play perfectly. So why do you lose ? :slight_smile: Single wrong step might lead to defeat. When you start learning from mistakes you can improve. Keep calm and matchmake and dont worry about lost games. Top decks have 50-56% win rate. And that is enough to progress thanks to star bonus till dia 5 :wink:

2 Likes