Scythe DH post-nerf

Hey guys. I’m not here to complain, I just want to compare.
After the nerf I honestly cannot seem to forward the questline. 6 Cards required, on average, puts the need for greed card just 1 card short of being able forward it.
I go entire games without forwarding it to stage 2 now.

This means you have to be even more conservative with the draw effect cards than before. I say “even more” because I think this is a deck that already relies on hoarding cards. It’s very rough to play for me, low win rate. The sinful brand nerf isn’t a big deal although I was 1 mana short the other day which cost me a win. I don’t know if they made it a bad deck, but it really doesn’t feel that great to play anymore.

What’s your experience?

1 Like

The only questline DH I liked was with Shattered C’Thun and Soul fragments.

I’ve never played this deck with the questline. This is the build I’m using:

Chaotic Souls

Class: Demon Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Hydra

2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)

2x (1) Relic of Extinction

2x (1) Unleash Fel

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Chaos Strike

2x (2) Fel Barrage

2x (2) Mark of Scorn

2x (2) Multi-Strike

2x (2) Relic Vault

1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades

2x (3) Relic of Phantasms

2x (4) Fel’dorei Warband

1x (4) Souleater’s Scythe

2x (5) Deal with a Devil

1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render

2x (6) Relic of Dimensions

1x (8) Artificer Xy’mox

1x (8) Jace Darkweaver

AAECAea5AwaN9wOHiwSDnwSq3QSVkgXipAUMwvEDifcDtp8EjrAEr94EsN4EquIEheUEhpIFiZIFi5IFkJIFAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

How’s that working for you?

I have not played it since the Astalor nerf but it’s working fine

Yeah the quest does seem currently dead (should almost certainly dust it and the possible recraft if it gets reverted in wild?). However Spell DH seems pretty resonble as an archetype:

https://hsreplay.net/archetypes/569/spell-demon-hunter

At the moment it’s not a great meta choice as it’s poor against the top few decks (but good against the rest) but with the mini-set on the horizon it’d only need a little support to be a top deck.

I’m currently building a relic dh deck which I think has some potential for being fun. Scythe demon hunter is in a very weird spot right now where the quest basically doesn’t serve any purpose. I genuinely do not understand what they were thinking with this nerf. If they dislike it so much, it should be removed entirely because this nerf actually invalidates it. I’ve had ONE game since the nerf where the quest got to progress due to some lucky draws. ONE! :smiley:

Spell demon hunter is something I’m a bit weary of. I played an older iteration and it just feels a bit strange to ramp up for a single card to win you your game. Also lots of mindless playing, but maybe I’m colored by just being inexperienced and bad at the game.