Tess Greymane confusing interaction with Rogue spells

Tess Greymane is a Rogue minion that replays each spell you’ve cast from another class this game. How is it possible for Tess to replay Rogue spells that have been cast?

Is it possible only when playing with dual-class heroes in Duels or when you transform into an alternate hero in the middle of the match?
Are alternate heroes like Scabbs not technically Rogue?

This always confused me.

There’s an exploitable infinite combo loop with the Evasion secret, some healing spell and Shadowstep that basically gives a player the ability to resummon Tess indefinitely while recasting these spells which makes the caster immune for the rest of the match.

Sounds to me like the Rogue transformed into another hero before playing Tess, this would work if they got a healing spell from another class. And no, Scabbs counts as Rogue.

Dunno if they got any way to guarantee the combo since the hero card would have to be randomly discovered every time.

Yeah you need to change class and there’s no consistent way to change hero.

Tess was in standard at the same time as the Paladin immune spell and it was never an issue.

I see.

In Duels you can play with dual-class heroes which enables you to draft cards from two associated classes, so it’s possible to get a hero card(I think even in a starter deck?)
There are many ways to get a healing spell for this combo. One surefire way is with Zephrys.

Playing it while having 2 leftover mana will let you discover Holy Light- the Paladin spell which heals you for 8.

I’ve seen three opponents so far who have used the same tactic to get this very specific combo.

In Wild, I encountered this Tess combo a long time ago when the opponent played Majordomo Executus, killed it to turn into Ragnaros, while having Evasion active.

A crazy combo, but the hero who pulls it off is pretty unbeatable. It becomes an infinite fight.

Ah yes, I forgot about the Duels part…

I recently saw a wild streamer play with a meme deck that uses Majordomo Executus to consistently change their hero, combined with Tess Greymane to replay all Rogue cards after the switch.
I would not exactly call it a competitive deck though.