The current meta situation, nerf and boost

Hearthstone this: 7 of 9 classes are ok to play against them, 2 need nerf / hof, some would get boost

Fun in gambling is making decisions, the chance to win every match and appropriately rng.

Hunter is strong, but playing him and playing against him is fun

playing against Rogue, Shaman is super fun, board full of minions and a lot of possibilities to exchange, need to make decisions, think

Druid quest is strong, but have a problem with agrro decks, would need another archetype

Murloc Paladin is extremely strong, but has weaknesses (aoe) and games with them are fast

Warlock needs help, playing against Quest Warlock is the lot of surprise, but it’s weak

playing against Quest Paladin can be frustrating, but it’s just a counter deck to Control Warrior and loose against other deck decks

playing against Priest is not pleasant, but playing Control Priesta is difficult, it requires skills and therefore is not much yet, pilot it is super fun

the problem is Control Boring Warrior and Cheating Mage, please nert them, strong way. 90% of players hate the match with Control Warrior, it is not so much as DrBoom OP, but the game does not require any interaction. No one enjoys playing against anything that spoils the game and wins the fatigue, it’s frustrating and discourages everyone to play this game. Even though 45% of the games are won, after 30 minutes of boredom I have no satisfaction. I do not understand the people playing Control Warrior, they do absolutely no decisions, only around the exact procedure of playing cards, absolutely without thinking, you must be machines and sociopats.

Mage is interesting to play, the winrate does not have too much, because many gamblers do not have the ability and intellect to pilot it, but for the strong player it is OP class. Mana cheating is a big problem, totally do not interfere with other players who want to play fair game. Conjurers Calling Luna Pocket spoils the game

Thats all, imagine less CW and Mages, how many cool games with all class we can have, Blizzard please listen to fans

I recently started playing control warrior, I was rank 16 in standard so I went back to rank 18 cause I only met beast hunter and combo and highlander hunter, it was also my beginning with the deck, I went to rank 19, then today I got to rank 13 without loosing a single game with the same control warrior.

I got to say, control warrior wouldn’t be so bad if it had more spice, all I do is try to high roll my 2-4 highroll cards, try to buff a few taunts, and besides that try to draw all my removal, I usually have to clear every board and just react all day until they stop putting pressure, then play a few 5 attack minions and start smorking, games where I don’t find boom in time are fun tho, even though hard, thing is I always have enough removal until I get Boom on, I think a nerf that would make Boom only give rush to mechs in the deck would make it much more fun.
Besides that, shaman used to have the same game plan, but the thing is shaman had a lot of spice, thinking mainly of jade shaman and especially evolve shaman which would play like warrior but had enough randomness to make it exciting and had enough non-permanent swings to make the games bearable, the problem is easily with the way warrior was made as a class, the only spice I have in my warrior games when I play brawl

man I know so many people who think the opposite of you, and I agree with you tho, odd rogue is annoying, mech hunter should burn in hell but I generally like facing those 3 classes the most

talking only about standard. i am trying to play control hagatha shammy, it is cool but weak, cant compate to CW, nobody play it.

what is your pleasure in game with fatigue deck with only 20+ removal without any decision making? i am trying to understand, really

thief rogue is surprising to play against, you dont now his RNG

hunter is simple but you must calculate against secrets or minion on board

The winning, the crushing of the opponent (control players be like: I win by so much I must be very good procedes to play Reno to heal for 23 on 6) and the little decision making that there is. If I hadn’t won every game from 19 to 13 I would have been less happy about it, I said I don’t enjoy playing it. I do it while browsing for gardening and stuff this days

Please Blizzard, by some miracle, get rid of big priest, I don’t care how, just do it

2 Likes

The plan is simple.
More cards that counter big priest are printed. Plague of Murlocs, Weasel Tunneller, etc.

Fine. For the sake of argument lets say Dr. Boom gets HoF’d… and then what? Who of us all can guarantee that Meta wont switch to Hunterstone? Hunter is already doing great against Warrior, RDU hit #1 Legend with Highlander Hunter. Its pure Tier 1. HoF’ ing Boom while keeping Zul’jin in play would be devastating.

Hunter atm can apply pressure on every mana curve, then refill hand, destroy opponent’s board, get Rush 5/5 bodies with Zul’Jin… either you like it or not, Boom is there to keep certain decks on check… or at least having a chance against them.

Dr. Boom, Zul’Jin and Hagatha shouldn’t have existed at the first place. Blizzard f@cked up by printing extra Heroes when it wasnt needed. Remove 1 of them and things will get even more unbalanced.

1 Like

Zuljin is a cost 10 mana and you must play spells to activate the power and some spells are random. The unleash the beast card is 6 mana and if in your hand at start its useless for 5 turns by which time you dead. Hagatha card has draw backs play a minion to get a spell that in itself has draw backs and seen many shaman decks once played simply lose because of the randomness. Now doctor boom most if not all warriors keep in hand because of its impact. RDU when he played High lander hunter did not play it all the time 5 or 6 games at present before that he played all different decks. Choosing a deck arch type to make argument on a good streamer BTW is not relevant just pointless as Kripp etc played Highlander Hunter and show cased how good it could be.

Not only that, but Warrior will have one gap where a legendary should be in the boomsday card pool.

This is already a problem in witchwood, ever since the old/even cards were filtered out.
Mage has one common missing.
Shaman has one rare missing.
Priest has one epic missing.
Druid has one epic missing.

1 Like

Hunter is ok, it loose against paladin, shaman and rogue, and the most important thing, does not matter if it have 53 or 47% winrate, but the game is full of interaction and fun. CW is cancer. And in Mage planned nerf ConjurersCalling to 4 mana is weak, remove twinspell or make it make minions with real cost, not that cheating cost…

Building a deck around Zul’Jin isnt that hard. Most Hunter lists run Zul 'Jin nowadays. And what do you mean ‘some spells are random’? only spell that may backfire is skill command, rest are traps, AC, DS, UtH, UtB, Hunter’s Pack…

Pay 7 mana and do nothing is impact? It doesnt affect your hand, your mana or the current board state. Dr. Boom is kept on mulligan for 2 reasons. First, cause Warrior can support this choice, by removing stuff till turn 7, secondly cause Dr. Boom is a value card. The earlier you equip Boom, the more value you juice out of him. If by any chance hes one of the last cards you draw, the game is in opponent’s favour.

Its not about RDU or Kripp, who cares about them? Its about stats. According to hsreplay, Highlander Hunter is Tier 1 with 55% winrate. My personal sample can confirm that, the higher i climbed, the more Hunters i saw. And here’s the stats: https://imgur.com/a/rdi5lwm with a whooping 19% Priests, 18% Mages and 17% Hunters… and Warriors sitting at 9% (mostly Aggro Warriors, not even CW).

Sort of agreed about Hagatha. Shes clunky as hell, thats for sure. But thats maybe cause people tried to force her into Control decks. She’d fit much better in a midrange deck, as a lategame wincon.

And that brings me to my previous post.
Change his battlecry to give his mechs Rush for that turn and change his broken hero power to “Give your mechs rush this turn”, Just like Battlecry Shaman.
Imagine if Battlecry could get double passive battlecries for the rest of the game, Hmm?

Unpopular idea: Don’t nerf Dr. Boom, just print cards that counter him.
Some cards that changes both your own and your opponents hero power.
Some more tech cards that deal with armour and mechs. Like this custom card:

Acid Rain
Rare Shaman Spell, 5-mana
Destroy all mechs, weapons and armour.
Deal 1 damage to all characters.

There’s always a bigger fish.

not talking about boom in particular here, but only in general:

I think releasing counter cards is a bad way of dealing with cards that were deemed problematic because then it becomes kinda mandatory to run them in all kinds of decks (that are allowed to run them) and if you don’t draw them early enough, you’re dealing with a problematic card all game long.

a good example of what I mean is big priest in wild (if you’re playing anything other than aggro). there are great tech tools against big priest available (which are all transform effects), but if you start using say hex in a murloc shaman, you’re sabotaging your own game plan to have an answer (or two) for roughly 1/8 of your matches, that’s almost useless in 7/8 of your matches.

in this case it’s better to limit the extreme ‘mana-ROI’ that big priest can generate, so players don’t need to put mostly useless cards into their decks, just to have somewhat of a chance against a deck/card that was deemed problematic.

of course this is not a real example because blizzard doesn’t consider anything in big priest problematic.

1 Like

Well i recall them saying that they wont change it now becuse its a fan favourite which tbh is really shortsighted

Its a fav becuse it is that strong…

Patches was a fan favourite.
We all know what happened to him.

Well true. I mean it happened before i started but i heared about it.

But im very sure i read that sentence in a past Q&A

You did mention RDU so to say who cares is well you figure it out bah.

It was an example. I didnt mention rdu cause hes ‘famous’ but because he hit #1 Legend with it. If, by any chance, a poster from EU forums happened to hit #1 Legend with Highlander Hunter, i would do the same. Who the f@ck cares if his battletag is RDU or Bladesong or Pepsicola or Vlad or Sheercold or, or, or, or… ? SOMEBODY REACHED #1 LEGEND WITH HIGHLANDER HUNTER. That was my argument, in the first place. Do you get me now or do you really want me to make a ‘Meta for dummies’ book just for you?

Boy you do get salty