The real Blizzard statement

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6994-blizzard-adjusts-and-explains-decision-on

Why apparently? Its on they official site

Because there were some which werent official if i recall correctly and because i didnt look at the official site

I fixed the titke now

Thx for the link toma

Was this Brack dropped on his head when he was a baby?

Blizzard is in one tough situation right now, considering blizzcon is on the way.

I stand by my word that i don’t approve in any way using someone else’s reputation for they own goals (no matter how noble they are) and condemn it, but i hate more is why are you dancing around the bush. Go out and give clear point why you did it and what are the goals from the company, no going around, strait answer. I know that you are big company but i think this will not cool down very soon and the hate will just grow. I hate people that are not strait in their answers, i always tell people what i mean and what are my opinions, no matter if you like it or not.

To the article, lets be clear, 6 months is the same as 1 year for GM. He wont be able to compete for gm for more then a year. They could have done it very differently, like Linus said, politics is not welcomed in sport in any way.

I have similar but slightly different view, you can use someone elses reputation if they allow it, using someones reputation without their okay and use it against them for your own goals is a reason why dislike blitzchung and still him an idiot for not taking the money and using his own earned money and reputation instead of abusing blizz reputation and turning it against them due to their zero tolerance for rule breaking, i meab just disconnecting from a heros fo the storm or overwatch game and give you heavy punishments.
I do also wish blizz be more direct i mean there known for harsh punishments in their games, accidentally showing a bug in hearthstone can get you suspended (well, if its game breaking and is still possible to recreate). Its what they do

I meant it that way but didnt wrote, unless they are of the same beliefs and allowed it to use their name.

Frankly, I doubt this will stop the backlash in any really meaningful capacity.
The people are riled up now. And this comes off as a half-assed backpedal. Especially considering the casters.

I don’t see this helping Blizzard, especially when they’re lying about the topic of China’s involvement in the meteing of this punishment.

1 Like

that’s a problem. reading the message and parts of the reddit thread I arrive at the assumption that anything other than “we did everything wrong. we were totally out of our minds. f**k china!” would not have been received well.

as a sidenote: there seemed to be a chinese speaker there who put the (supposed?) netease post into perspective. the (online?) translator might have dramatized the message up big time. or it might be a BS statement. can’t verify or falsify.

anyway, there is no discussing this fairly. there’s just “do what we want you to or f**k off”.