The truth about Demon Hunter

Okay, so before any members of this community start raging about this topic (saying how the Demon Hunter class isn’t OP or that players who fight against them are QQing), please do take the time to read this through thoroughly and please reply in an appropiate and mature way.

We all are aware that players who do enjoy this class are tired of the nerfs that the Demon Hunter has been having recently, but in truth there are a few things you should really take into consideration.

A lot of you claim that this class is balanced, unfortunately it isn’t. Even after the needed (and still in need of way more) nerfs the class remains insanely overpowered. I’ve read through quite a few of these topics today and while I can appreciate your sympathy for the class itself the fact to the matter is that this class can kill any well balanced deck in 5-7 turns.

There has been some crazy combos in which where the one facing the Demon Hunter stands a good chance that one single card combo (for example Warglaives and Blur) has a pretty high chance of wiping most of the board itself while you’re still able to place your creatures that damage either the opponent or minions instead.

You say that your winrate isn’t as high as people claim it to be, yet despite all evidence to the contrary the Demon Hunter is truly destroying the meta. Now, unlike some who simply rage I do not believe that the Demon Hunter should be removed, that’s just blatant nonsense, however the class does require several more nerfs to truly make it balanced.

Speaking of balanced, a lot of players say ‘‘But some classes have AoE spells that can wipe all of our minions’’, you may be right in this and I do not oppose to your comment, however it is like you say ‘‘some classes’’. The chance of drawing that card of playing that specific class are less than 5% of your winrate as a Demon Hunter, so this alone shows that the class isn’t balanced at all.

I have played it myself and I genuinely do not find any joy in playing it at all. But this is a personal preference of course, nonetheless the class itself is a nice refreshing add on to the game but by no means fun for other players to compete against in the ladder.

Safe to say, and again please do not be offended or start raging/trolling (I know, it’s a very hard thing to ask of people) this class needs a bit of a rework to make it way more balanced so it will be more fun to play against rather than getting annoyed that 9/10 opponents you face in ladder are Demon Hunters (again, I know, it’s a new class and people are trying it out etc. etc. etc.).

The truth is the playtesting was done bad.
Give all players access to all cards for a months on a side mode, 10k ppl try it out would’ve found all issues. Twin slice’s “nerf” was dumb, it just gave DH more face dmg, and buffed it in wild, but it showed whoever was responsible for those has no idea how the game works.
But, catering to noobs is more important I guess

Luciender, I don’t get what you apologize for, the post is fine without the ‘don’t attack me for this’. Some people will complain every chance they get. For you being right, for you talking bullcrap, or just because you didn’t write “fOcK pR1eSt”.

Demon Hunter is my least favorite class, don’t like the game style it has. Therefore i’m even bad at playing it so i can’t personally say if it’s strong or not, not being actually able to get many wins with it. And even if i don’t have such a problem as everyone else says, i still have to consider that i’m just a casual player and the game is much bigger than my own experience.

There is no need to remove the class, i think exactly the same, but there is an issue that has to be dealt with. I was expecting it to be played a lot since new, but didn’t imagine the stats i keep seeing it performs. I was actually intrigued with Demon Demon Hunter, but then i saw the others where way much stronger and reliable. It will need a lot of work to rework thou, it’s not an easy task.

One might fault Blizzard with bad playtesting, but the truth is that they might have a bunch of players, the real players are millions around the world. The idea of having a side mode or a test region for players to help with the balance is a nice thing, but at the same time not likely to change things. People would have to download and play actively in this test region, when they probably would prefer to play the main game and rank up.

The only thing i can think of, and hope for, is that with time things will balance. Introducing something new, with new mechanics, always creates these kind of awkward situations where it’s not overpowered, it’s just not fit with the rest. Probably with the coming of the new expansion we’ll see more new cards and try to balance the class giving the others more resources to deal with them, or to gain power to reach a certain level. They did new nerfs to the class as i’m writing, so they surely know the issue and are and will work about it.

Start by saying well written OP.

I actually like DH and as I’ve said before I’m glad it was too strong over to weak too start with and despite it about to receive yet another set of nerfs, I’m ok with it seeing as no card has yet to be nerfed twice so it’s only been tweeks to bring over powered cards in line. The one exception is twin slice where they clearly just forgot that wild existed. As I heard a stream describe it “you gave an aggro deck 2 Leeroy’s for 3 mana”.