This game has little to do with skill

I’m basically new to the game, copy/pasted a cheese meta deck and just reached diamond 5 because of rng. I have no clue of other decks or what the cards do, i play just whatever is available in my hand without much thought. It’s all rng and i’m starting to wonder if it’s supposed to be like that

Eh, playing like that is an option, I guess. But if you don’t know how to play around the opponents cards, you’ll eventually find yourself being beaten over and over again as the other players figure out how to beat your deck. And if the deck is nerfed in some way, that will happen even quicker.

If you then switch to another deck, that means you can now counter the deck you played previously because you played it yourself. Though this kind of cycle can become very expensive (Don’t spend money on Hearthstone, it won’t help)

Not true! This game has literally nothing to do with skill.

Just RNG as you said OP …

Skill is knowing what card to play when.When to go for card advantage/slower moves like hero power. There’s a lot of skill in the game and some RNG.
You have 7 cards in hand, 5 of them are playable. At what order, which ones? Is that not skill? What would you consider skill then in a card game?

If there were no skill, I could just click on the rightmost playable card and win. That’s not how it goes.
Does your opponent not want to win? Of course he does. And he wants to win just as much as you do.

1 Like

I say luck is when you have the card you need, skill is if you know when to play it.

I reached Legend in Twist yesterday. It was not a cakewalk, far from it. It was a long journey up with a decent amount of losses.

Twist is just awesome, honestly.