Unable to challenge friend - AUG/SEP 2021

Hi All,

When challenging a friend in hearthstone (since the latest release, 21.0.0.88998) we both get the message: "You can’t challenge [NAME] right now. Wait for them to return to the main menu. Some facts:

• Issue occurs on both PC & mobile.
  • We are both in the main menu.
  • We both tried updating all our clients (PC & mobile).
  • We both run the same versions.
  • Restarting the clients numerous times on both ends does not provide any result. The invite button remains greyed out giving us above message.

It it simply impossible to play together since the latest patch. Horrendous. :frowning:

Any tips/ideas are most welcome!

15 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue that Hardcore has. It has stopped me from playing this game, because I only play duo’s.

7 Likes

I would ask that you both log out of the game and Launcher on PC.
Check to make sure you are both selecting the same region at the login screen for the Launcher and then again for Hearthstone.

If the above does not resolve the issue then please also trying having both players complete a password reset on their accounts to force a refresh of account data.

If you still have the problem then please report the bug.

2 Likes

Thanks for your swift reply, I’ll get back to you when we have tested the suggestions a.s.a.p.

Me and my friends have been having the same issues as mentioned in this thread, this problem has been ongoing for several days now and is getting annoying real fast…

edit:
Also would like to mention that logging out of the bnet client or restarting the game has 0 effect.

5 Likes

We both did the requested checks, beforehand we knew we were in the same region because if you are in another region, you can’t see your friendlist. Anyway we did the following:

• Logged out the game / battle.net.
  • Checked Region (both Europe).
  • Logged back in.
  • Started the games on PC.
  • We were able to do 1 game together (very sporadic) and are now unable to do so.

Myself has done repair earlier as well as a reinstall of HS, no result.

Password reset will be done soon.

3 Likes

I have done everything listed above and I still cannot challenge friends or spectate anyone.

6 Likes

It appears to me that I can challenge a friend except those who are on the same LAN. So I can’t play against a family member unless we use different internet. Please investigate this.

3 Likes

Same problem for my friend and me, it’s been 4 days or so that this started occurring and we desperately just want to play this game together… Please blizzard we need a fix

4 Likes

I had a similar problem playing my brother. I had not done any achievements on the new rewards track, but he had. When I finished a quest and went up a few levels the problem went away.

1 Like

how is this a helpful reply? people shouldn’t have to reset their passwords to play with friends. fix your game

4 Likes

We have tried everything, but unfortunately we were unable to invite each other properly. Very sporadic it is possible to invite, but this should ofcourse not be the case.

3 Likes

I get this issue as well. it works eventually after rebooting a bunch of times.

1 Like

Thanks for the continued reports and testing everyone!

We’ve identified an issue with this and will add a fix in a future update.

Thanks again and apologies for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Great work, thank you very much!

same issue! Always have to relog a bunch of times to be able to invite a friend

1 Like

this was 6 days ago any update I literally only play with friends and this has been ongoing since LAST patch with no explanation or any updates.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the issue still persists.

2 Likes

also experiencing a similar issue except i cant invite anyone at all and they cant invite me says i need to return to menu when we are all in main menu

1 Like

Also having this issue

2 Likes