Unfairness to new Players

Jay

The issue i’m having is the bull$$$ ladder system on ranking solo. How is it fair someone who has a basic deck or cards faces people who have either been playing for years or paid out of their $$$ for packs?

I’ve been playing for about 3 weeks straight and now decided to give up on the game as i’m constantly facing people with some bull$$$ google searched meta decks that i can’t win ever against? This including overpowered legendary’s or the C’Thun cards which are stupidly overpowered.

Or is that it, the typical American ideology spend 3 years losing about 90% of the time or pay us $600 for packs to be at the same level as everyone else.

Can’t you implement a system of points that the card is worth so people like me and thousands of others who would actually play face people who are the same point deck in total? And the people with some BS meta deck face others who are the same point system total for the cards.

E.g. a taunt C’Thun or even C’thun itself card is worth say 8.5 points and a low less stat or effect free starter card is worth 1 or 2 points.

Please respond so the public can actually see evidence that the support system isn’t just a normal 2022 developer and doesn’t give 2 rats about the community and actually values feedback.

Jay /

Hey Jay, last year i came back to HS after a good break of 3 years, I decided to start playing on asian and NA aswell as EU, i only have a collection on eu though, so i had to farm cards so that i could play a decent deck, after about 3 weeks i had my first deck ready on both NA and Asia, then i startef to hit legend rank, and now about a year later i have about 5 playable standard decks on both NA and Asia, it does take some time, but it is possible to win games without spending all of your money on packs, people often Google decks to save dust when crafting cards, there is no need to craft the whole collection when you only need 30 cards to build a good deck.

First of all, was it not your choice to use basic decks or cards? Power creep is an issue, but they did release a ton of core cards a while back which you previously had to craft so it can be said that the game is more generous to new players than ever.

If you are having problems with those people, make a deck that counters the people you’re facing on the ladder. There are many cheap deck types you can you can go for, which you could probably make even without the help of third-party websites like HSReplay.

Secondly, this is one of the most generous F2P card games out there. I’ve been playing for over 5 years now and I never once had to pay money for anything. If you are smart with your resources, you can make any deck you want without paying anything.

Thirdly, that point system would not work at all. Such a system would divide people playing aggro (fast decks) and control/OTK decks (slower decks) since control and OTK heavily rely on legendary cards whereas aggro rarely uses more than 1 or 2.

I agree that the ranking system should be changed to assign an individual rating to players so that returning legend players would not be matched up with people who downloaded the game yesterday. Similar to the ranking systems found in Hearthstone Mercenaries.

Are you accidentally playing in wild? The C’Thun you can give taunt is over 4 years old and can’t be used in standard (plus it was given to everyone who was around at the time for FREE).

If your talking about the C’Thun that’s in standard, it’s a card that isn’t in any meta deck and you can run over any such deck with a budget aggro build.

Check which mode your in because wild is a bad place for a new player to be.

1 Like

It never fails to amuse me how enraged some people get over this game…it’s just a GAME :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think saying ‘it’s just a game’ is even true anymore. Sure it was 10-15 years ago when video games weren’t as mainstream, but now everyone plays something. Games have real economic, political, and psychological consequences so, at this point, I don’t think that saying is true.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying but it is a game, and to elicit the kind of hateful responses I see on a daily basis, either towards myself, the developers, or posted by other players in shock of what they’ve received is completely disproportionate to the actual real world effect playing a game has on anything. Take the comment above I quoted as an example. There are numerous ways of voicing your displeasure and making yourself heard without going on a hateful rant that is, pretty much, 50% expletives. The things I’ve seen written by players goes beyond toxic, it’s actual verbal assault that would get that person thrown in prison if it was done in person. If games are affecting people in that much of a negative fashion, the issue isn’t with the game, it’s with the person themself

1 Like