Warlock immolate

this card needs looking at , for 4 mana this single card can kill a deck completely , it has no counter and no negative side for such an oppressive spell , either boost it to a 7 mana spell so if you holding a 10 cost card you get a chance to play it or have it cost the caster a card for every single card it destroys

and further more what is it with the devs making these skeezy cards for the warlock anyway , it was bad enough having to deal with the double tickatus cancer , then 3x tickatus, and now we have the oh so fun abbsyal curses added to this immolate card build, its enough to send you crazy ,

1 Like

There are counters to Immolate though, beyond the obvious Counterspell and Okani.

Sea Guide Finley, for example. Those cards can’t be burned if they’re in the bottom of the deck.
Demon Hunter has Glide, which I personally use in my Big DH list.
Druids mostly use ramp these days, so any cards hit will soon be played anyway. And when they don’t, the cards are usually lower-cost ones anyway so…
Big Mage I could see struggling with it a bit, if they don’t have amulets in hand to shuffle.

I could make some more examples if you’d like?

SO condescending…tha card is ridiculous. Playing Shaman and that gets done on turn four, any good late game cards I wanted to infuse are now gone and destroyed. Its ridiculous for the mana cost. It needs to be like a Turn 8

Are you serious? How that card can burn your whole deck? Well, if you put only 10+ cards then yes, you deserve it. But usually, cheap spells and minions should be more.

Also Finley is another answer. I mean the card usually has no effects against mid and aggro decks and it is a huge burden. Think of the perspective when you need some cards to survive but you get two immolates in your hand.

Against control also underperforms since it can burn 1 card, max 2 and that is not great. The only positive perspective of the card is to make it worth - changing the course of your opponent’s plan. If it’s a combo deck then can destroy it.

I made that comment back when Nathria wasn’t a thing, do keep that in mind.

Also I don’t think I was being condescending with that comment. Why do you think that?