Wild Garrote Rogue- a different type of deck

I want to complete the Garrote achievement, but I don’t care for the popular build,The OTK kind of deck that just draws cards until the end and then kills you in one turn.

So I’ve built this Galakrond Rogue for the occasion. I’m having fun with this deck, but if you have further tips on improving, I’d like to hear it.

I’m guessing Efficient Octo-bots would be a better fit than some of the 2 mana cards. I just included Maestra here to influence the opponent’s mulligan.

Edit:
Made some improvements. I put some weapon removal as well against Spectral Rogue and the like, put in Flik, Togwaggle’s Scheme and Kronx. I’m thinking of putting Heistbaron Togwaggle too You can replace Grand Empress with him, I guess.

I replaced one Swindle with a second copy of Wicked Stab.

Garrote Wild

Class: Rogue

Format: Wild

2x (1) Pharaoh Cat

2x (1) Praise Galakrond!

1x (1) Spymistress

1x (1) Swashburglar

1x (1) Togwaggle’s Scheme

2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) Garrote

1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade

1x (2) Swindle

2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)

2x (3) Augmented Elekk

2x (3) Seal Fate

2x (4) Devoted Maniac

1x (4) Umbral Skulker

2x (5) Shield of Galakrond

2x (5) Stowaway

1x (6) Flik Skyshiv

1x (6) Grand Empress Shek’zara

1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof

1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare

AAEBAZDABAqvkQO2rgPBrgPjtAO5uAPLwAPn3QPq3QOh+QPuoAQK9YAD9acDua4Dvq4D/q4Dqq8Dzq8DqusDjvQDrJ8EAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Best of luck with the achievement SashaFleyder, and let the blood flow! :drop_of_blood:

It’s gona take a LONG time without playing the OTK (the spell power adds so much damage).

I can’t imagine any games being slow enough where Togwaggle’s scheme is worth it.

Swashburglar is probably too weak (but fun so I approve just a bad 1 drop for this plan in wild imo).

Thalnos might be worth adding, Thalnos > Empress > Bleed plus cycle early.

Swap the oozes for the tradable weapon removal. Flexibility to be able to trade is easily worth the 1 mana imo.

You know Maestra doesn’t matter as the mulligan are very similar for ever match-up at the minute, but again a fun card.

You could add something like dirty rat to try and counter bad quest players to give you more time, Mutanus tends to be too slow as they complete the quest before turn 7 a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. . I’ve always loved Galakrond Rogue, and Augmented Elekks and Stowaways with Shekzara synergize well with Garrote. I’m already close to completing step 2 of the achievement.

You’re right that Vipers might be better for weapon control. I just wanted to have more 2 drops. Togwaggle’s Scheme can prove useful in replicating Shields of Galakrond and Kronx

I actually had some pretty long games with this deck against the likes of Mech Warrior and Priest. I also manage to win against Questline Warlock, as he’s incapable of dealing with many small minions, as most builds don’t use School Spirits or similar spells.

About the popular build of Garrote Rogue: I simply don’t know how to play this deck effectively. Draw too many cards, and figure out in what order to play them to make the combo- it’s just not my favorite playstyle.

About Maestra: you know, her impact could be psychological as well. I had this happen twice when an opponent conceded when he thought he was going against Warlock.

And you’re right about Swashburglar: too slow. I put a second Spymistress, replaced Umbral Stalker with Eater of Secrets, and swapped one Ooze for the Viper.

Yeah the OTK deck is proper complicated to play. I got to the point where I was ok with it, but that still meant my numbers were pretty horrible as you need to be on point most games to post a decent wr. It did get me the achievement pretty quickly at least :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol at the Maestra concedes. Same reason as I always run my Legend card back, got me a few concede wins over the years :laughing: