WTAF did u do Blizzard?

This is just fricking sad. The state of this game now is worse than its ever been and ive had fkin enough. Im beta tester veteran and triple legend and i can tell you that after ungoro everything went so downhill with this game its unbelievable. And now we have finally reached the boiling point. For any new player reading this who is stupid enough to consider playmode, heres a big tip:

Either you spend 250 euros on your grandmas credit card for a 20k dust control deck and if you have half a brain you can get 51% winrate. If grandma aint rich then your only option is to create one of the thousands, mindless, ridiculously RETARDED aggro decks currently on ladder. Let me sum up my last 20 games playing OTK Maly rogue:

10/20= face hunter, melt you turn 5, just try to remove minions which deal repeated face dmg i dare you
5/20= secret mage or mechano paladin, both are decks a wet fcking carrot could pilot to legend, have 0 entertainment whatsoever for you and will trigger a rage induced coma for your opponent.
3/20= The f
cking shuffle druids and embiggen druids. Do i even need to start? Whole class should be reworked in general.
2/20= 20k+ dust Reno Mage who have rich grandmothers apparantly. Good for you little snowflake, you managed to pay so much in a free to play game that its near impossible for you to lose unless you’re a total moron who still tries to attack face through taunt. Youre just a face hunter with the Wallet No Jutsu ability, hope you feel proud of yourself.

As for the near impossible chance of devs reading this rage induced rant: As far as i can tell, there is a fair balance between the cost of cards and their effect or stats. Theres a certain upper and lower limit to what cards can do within their respective mana cost. That being said, how can you justify that EVERY new expansion, there are atleast 10 common or rare cards for aggro archetypes who far exceed these limitations - example? Oh well lets start with old cards like Righteous Protector, or maybe something new like the 2 mana 2/1 with 3 dmg deathrattle? And thats not even a prime example the names slip my mind cause i dont play mindless aggro decks but we all know atleast 10 examples from the back of our head. You should be so ashamed putting your own company allowance in front of loyal players’ game experience. I honestly wonder how you can go to sleep at night at the launch of an expac and think: I did such a great job balancing those cards i should deserve a medal! Go make love to a meat grinder you idiots.

Rant end, my account will not be seen online before the next expac, i will test out if anythings changed but I REAAALLLYY doubt it. So peace out to this waste of a game, im playing my last games with a FUN, CHALLENGING, UNDERPOWERED deck today and i wont be returning anytime soon. All of the (big) streamers or vets i used to play with already did the same. I give this game 1 year till its belly-up. Im going to MTG, cause atleast they can keep a decent overall game balance.

Peace out you immoral frickbuckets
As for all the players, you guys are awesome and this game doesnt deserve you anymore. Except if you only play aggro then you should just quit gaming alltogether and go play with Legos, which would probably be more on your level of thinking.

You’re state of the game point of view is fair enough but you’ve definitively got some rose tinted glasses on. Wallet warrior was hardly cheap, Undertaker/Tunnel Trogg etc weren’t any less egregious.

Sensible reasoning though with a new year about to start. I always say that as a veteran player if your gona quit then April makes the most sense if you don’t see what you like. Hopefully the game changes in a way that’ll keep you around.

Personally I still have fun doing my dailies, mostly in wild but will admit that any time that I feel like having a longer session, I tend to play battlegrounds.

1 Like

Thats a strange rage post.
While playing OTK Maly Rogue (rage inducing for any opponent) you berate all other decent decks.
You expecting players to just retire at your presence?

Also if secret mage/mech Pally are easy route to legend, why not make yourself a 4 time legend player?

edit: spelling

So to sum up, you are playing an OTK deck, you have a hard time with aggro decks, you blame the devs.

Since you play from Un Goro release i expect that you should know by now that aggro decks rely on killing their opponent as fast as possible. And since you play a combo OTK deck you have limited board clear options.
Your deck performs better vs control or midrange decks.

As for Embiggen Druids, well they are hard to beat but definately not impossible. I usually play 2 decks Higlander Mage and Quest Ress Priest. I do pretty good with those 2 decks vs Face Hunters, Embiggen Druids and most aggro decks.
Both of my 2 decks gets destroyed by pretty much every OTK deck. Every deck has a counter, and since you play a deck that it’s counter are very popular atm in high ranks, i would suggest you switch deck.

Thanks for replying! I admit decks like Wallet Warrior etc were equally hard to beat at the time but i still think there was just so much more variety in decks and at a different ratio, when i started playing i met nearly as much control decks as aggro decks, in exception to Pirate Warrior era ofcourse. I still have nightmares about that deck. While now the meta has shifted into such aggro heavy matchmaking it gets to a point where you have to limit your options to aggro or counter aggro, and maybe theres one or two otk decks who slightly shift the meta but because of the aggro flood they are intensely overwhelmed. Anyone reading this could say thats how the game works but the way i see it, there was a long time where otk aggro and control decks were quite equal in numbers and you could still play a fun otk against a control or midrange without having to lose 20 games to a dmg vomiting aggro player. While control decks are still my one true love i am a f2p player for a long time now (cba buying anything anymore for this game) it costs so much dust gold and/or real life money to get a ladder ready competitive control deck. Most not too extreme variants of Wallet Warrior were still sitting at 8-9k dust, while Reno Mage costs what? 15-16k? Not too mention if u want the new OP mage reno hero you will need to pay 21.99 and work your way through very boring content (sorry but its true new adventure is a joke) to get the one card which now makes reno mage a top deck instead of a tier 2 enjoyable deck. And since this deck is now S tier and floods legend ranks i find theres no more joy in crafting and playing that deck cause it will end in mirror matchups almost 60% of all games. In short, the variety in cards means nothing if the variety in decks is narrowed down to being counted on your fingers. They try to fix the cost of those decks by leaning towards cheap aggro development but that had a backward impact on ladders. Right now, Wild is broken, standard is way too expensive for a f2p (unless 2k hunter decks guess why 30% of players with 100 games played spam face hunter) and a ‘rock papers scissors-mentality’. This is the same as what happened to WoW when the BfA expansion came out. (pvp wise). While as in HS there were more than 3 strong types who ruled alone but also when kobolds came out this began to shift, to the point where once you know your opponents deck you can just estimate the chance of winning easily. This will never fully go away and has always been a factor in play mode but i feel like they just took it way too far. Half of the games players feel like conceding by turn 4 against their counter decks if they curve abit. This was, atleast for me, never the issue before. You had easy matchups and hard matchups sure, now i see free wins or ‘maybe he goes afk and i sneak the kill’. Also it doesnt help if you see your opponent making HORRIBLE mistakes the entire game but still manages to secure a kill by rng or just by faceplanting into his keyboard on his every turn. Making mistakes as an aggro player should be way more punishing, maybe them ill see this mythic beast called ‘smart aggro players’ and i will never rant on forums about aggro again i promise

i want to read your reply, but thats aggro`ing my eyes, make some paragraphs please

Undertaker era and Tunnel Trogg era were definitely not varied and the worst personally was when it was Druidstone and I literally faced 18/20 Druids at one point :upside_down_face:

I can’t remember the exact list but an unreliable source put Wallet Warrior at 13K and I seem to remember it ran 6 legendaries, so that sounds about right. The thing with that is you have to remember that we get giving a lot more stuff now, so I would genuine consider that deck to be about 30K if you take “inflation” into account.

We’re undoubtedly in an aggro meta at the moment, but even though it’s not my thing, I’m fine with it as I believe it will shift soon enough, especially with a new year on the horizon.

Adventures that give cards are awful for the game.

By far the best way to see that playing aggro isn’t brainless is to give it a go yourself. Yes you get games where your decisions don’t really matter, but that’s even more for control decks in a lot of situations. They take several turns trying to maximize damage, weighing up whether to go all in as they drew badly and then as the control player, you play 1 card and win.

That’s kind of the irony of the situation, the more polarizing the match-up, the less decisions matter. So whilst you can shake your fist at those “damn aggro players, making my game boring”, it’s the lack of productivity in your own deck that makes the matches so boring.

Personally, I just concentrate on making my decks fun and take my boosted wr from my opponents not having a clue what’s going on (not saying it’s a good wr, just way higher than it should be). Luckily I’m currently at low enough ranks where most the aggro players I come up against aren’t particularly good, so I hold my own unless they draw well, when really, I should be getting crushed.

Weird how you claim Maly rogue to be rage inducing to everyone while the deck struggles to get 50% winrate. Nevertheless, i get that it can be frustrating to get OTK’d but theres tech cards that can obliterate any OTK in an instant. Wild and Standard (Dirty Rat, anyone?) Also like i said they are simply designing and releasing cards who are unbalanced on stats alone from the get-go. These are primarily aggro cards and if they happen to be control rest assured its a purple or orange gem in the middle. Also, if youre an aggro player, you just vomit cards, push damage, rinse repeat. One star added, next one just a minute away. Try laddering as a not too OP control deck and you will lose your sht if you spend 20mins on a fun game with a good opponent for that one star that gets absolutely melted again by turn 4. You wont have a good time. And id rather be a control deck facing otk than i would be a control deck facing aggro. I can tech for OTK decks but i cant tech against bullsht.

Also, i dont see the point in going for legend again. I had fun with my otk and control decks when i was climbing top30 legend cause there were barely aggro decks around but that was over 2 years ago. If i were to climb right now even with my countered OTK deck i would be able to do it but id simply have zero to no fun along the way, either because i will have to change my decklist so hard it just becomes boring to play or go to tempostorm and netdeck some flashy deck that every 11-year old uses while spam bming you every step of the way. I used to be able to bring nearly any deck to ladder (none aggro ofc fk that) and still have slight to moderate success with it. If you try the same thing now you will fall down to rank floor before you know it. And dont think casual is better cause thats aggro farm territory you are entering. So whats left to do? Tank back to rank 20-25 and play opponents way below my level who still outdeck me just so i can play the deck i want? i mean sure if its a bad deck its my own fault but right now its like this
OP deck <——————-> bad deck
while it used to be like
OP deck <—Good deck—Okay deck—> garbage deck
im also not rlly new to deckbuilding, ive had my fair share of creating decks online and saw people netdecking it from me. Over 400k views on several still online i know how to build but that was back when u honestly had more freedom of choice to build a deck you personally like and are good with