Abba needs a mechanic change

Simply, he needs something to encourage or force him from leaving base. Right now, there’s little reason for him to leave the fountain even early game, since Locust and summon Exp was nerfed. Abba siting under a Fort vs Abba sitting under Keep for the same lane or even in fountain and hatting/mining is less; You have to be sitting in the lane where you can be hit to face soak for abba.

With that in mind, it’s starting to dawn on people that you either need to play him extremely risky to passively soak, focus on hatting lanes to soak actively, or giving up on soak and simply focus on teammates to get Kill and Camp exp. And in most cases, the latter is the most optimal considering the exp changes.

As a result, we now have a 5th player with near global damage presence, that can consistently out damage most non-burst casters, pocket heal through or out of protracted fights, and pull a double of any given hero on their team out of thin air. All while likely being unkillable for the entire game.

I won’t bother with touching his damage; too many people want him to be pocket burst now. But I would like to suggest adding a mechanic that reduces his effectiveness while he is in spawn, and while he is close to his core. Or, conversely, increase his effectiveness when closer to enemy or ally towers. Something to prevent him from being unkillable damage. Most heroes have a risk-reward level associated with them; Abba is probably the only one that has a near non-existent risk for high reward. And while there’s better combos and higher skilled plays…There’s not that many that out pace damage hat on someone mobile or tanky.

I disagree. Aba is perfectly working as it is now. You need to improve on map awareness since aba is all about map play and timing hat on right targets at right time.

I suggest you watch some pro games from youtube to understand how aba should be played. When to help allied heroes, when you can body soak, when to double soak, where to place mines etc