Blizzard ranked encourages toxic behavior

I generally am not a toxic player by any means, however nothing pisses me off more than the HOTS ranked matchmaking in this game.

It’s far TOO obvious that the matchmaking punishes you for getting a couple of wins in a row to try and get you back down again so you play more to finally get “that rank” you’ve been trying to climb to in the last few days. Like many players have already said, the matchmaking simply just tries to get your winrate to be at 50%, no matter how good you are.

How am I supposed to not get pissed when I get multiple losses in a row, because I suddenly notice that all other players in my team have a winrate lower than 50%?
In fact, I got so pissed off because 2 players in my last game had both 20% and 10% winrate in over 20+ games.

They literally won 2 games out of 20 and I am getting paired with those just because I started climbing a bit too quickly according to matchmaking.

Either I get those kind of players, or I suddenly get players that instalock their champ without prepicking, ignoring the entire team’s (pre)picked heroes, ruining the entire team composition.

And the worst thing is YOU CAN’T EVEN DODGE.
Even if your team is set up to fail, albeit in regards to winrates, trolls or simply a horrible team setup…
You lose 2.5games worth of ranked points (500, while a win only gives you 200) AND you’re forced to waste your time trying to win a quick match/aram while you only leave a draft match which wastes 5 minutes at most. Not to forget that those quick match/aram counter actually increases every dodge you do, so you’re bound to waste nearly an hour for 2 dodges that would have otherwise saved you 50 minutes.

I started playing last week again after a 5 year break, and you’ve already lost me again.
It’s absolutely horrible.

2 Likes