Constructive criticism in regards to matchmaking in ranked gameplay

The matchmaking is really bad.

Facts: system aims at 50% winrate. That is a major fault from the beginning. System should aim at matching me with players on my level, not to lower my chances of winning by matching me with players who have played for 4 years and yet have no clue about objectives, soaking, target priority in teamfights and so on.

I don’t understand what your criteria is when matchmaking, but it is outRAGEous that I keep getting matched with unskilled players.

When the game was launched I managed to get to rank 3 before the new matchmaking and ranked system was implemented. Now I am gold 5 thanks to your matchmaking.

This has nothing to do with different people having different playstyles, it has everything to do with your criteria of matchmaking. I understand that the game is dead and blizzard doesn’t care anymore about it, so they stopped investing money in it, and for good reasons. You have other MOBAs out there who can handle a proper matchmaking, so of course people will migrate to better terms.

So my suggestion is to go back to the drawing board with your matchmaking system because it is really really bad. Your “mathematicians” and “data analysts” have done a terrible job in pinpointing the important criteria when matching people. For example: if your system does not compute the fact that taking a camp whilst the objective is up is still important, if your system does not register skill shots and dodging those skillshots but instead the system takes into consideration the KDA ratio and other useless criteria ( KDA is useless because : 1) it makes people play too safe when in some combos you need to play aggresive 2) it makes tanks - who sacrifice their lives for the greater good, it’s called strategy when u die but due to that the opposing team is wiped - lose MMR just because of KDA 3) game should not be about kills and deaths, game should be about destroying the core so KDA is kinda useless since it doesn’t matter how much u die or kill if u don’t manage to destroy the core, u lose the game ).

I could go on and on and on about how faulty your system is but instead I think I will take my business elsewhere as well.

Blizzard, heed my call: you will wipe as a company. WoW is dead, HOTS is dead, Overwhatch has the same mmr cuz u couldn’t use your neurons in developing a new one, so it will be dead soon, Diablo is dead, Hearthstone offers you a great income since you have to buy packs to win in that game, Starcraft balance is very bad, all of your games are dying and what do you do? U PERSIST. That is pure insanity.

I CAN’T WAIIIIIT FOR THE MOMENT WHEN BLIZZARD WILL SHUT DOWN ALTHOUGH IT’S A BIG COMPANY AND LOTS OF KIDS WILL TRY YOUR GAMES, AS SOON AS THEY PLAY THEM AND THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT’S GOING ON, THE GIG WILL BE UP AND DONE.

EDIT: why do i get matched with people whom I blocked the communication with because they are toxic or fed? I cannot communicate with them and so your system once again goes against me instead of working with me.

I expect 100% win rate if I don’t do mistakes, and if I do, I expect to lose that game. Instead, your system is like this, and I’m sure everyone experiences this because I can inspect match history:
win
loss
win
loss
win
loss

or

win win win
loss loss loss

or

win win loss win loss loss win loss win loss win win loss loss

or

win x 7 and loss x 9.

THere is no explanation from blizzard because they know the MMR is made so that you don’t advance but rather spend an infinite amount of time trying to climb but it won’t happen. This way maybe u buy some boxes to help you in your adventures, but wait, the boxes give just skins.

Fact: Putting “fact:” before a sentance does not make it a fact.

2 Likes

Yep that is definitely not a fact

The point system with current mmr system is very bad. You get only 200 points and win one rank with 100% wr you need 5 games. With just over 50% it is like more than 10 and if you are unlucky it is more than 20 games and one rank. That makes like 10*20=2000 minutes at least which is 33 hours. It is very bad system for todays gaming. Then one division takes 5 times of that which is like 150 hours. Considering 5 hours a day gaming it will take only 30 days to get over one division.

Stomping and get stomped have no difference on points.