Consume Souls vs Abathur

While there is a number of heroic abilities that can 1-shot Abathur, the most unavoidable would undoubtedly be Consume Souls. On level 16 it does roughly 700 dmg to a full health Abathur and on level 20 it 1-shots Abathur from full health if another ally dies. The overall damage it inflicts to the team is pretty significant as expected, and intended, but my problem is with 1-shotting a character that is on full health and already has limited combat capabilities. Surely it might do the same to Vikings or Murky, but even they have ways to withstand overpowering 1-shot kill abilities. Of course as every post I would like readers to share their opinions and suggestions.

I agree in principle, but if the aba were to git gud, he would just burrow to base when 1st wave of consume souls starts channeling (unless u can predict that no one will die - lvl 20 ofc).

Slight increase in health to aba would have no impact to the game and would avoid this.

I don’t see why not.

Vikings and Murky have other mechanics to help with this that does not require to have Z to run to the base, such as bubble and uptidy in the air thingy for vikings.

Think of Mephisto as a hard counter for abby, in the time being there is a global sound effect played that you can hear and you absolutely need to be aware of that, as all other heroes do. As like the Vikings who reset it each time they die at 20 and Abby has a borrow to base from anywhere on the map. All he needs to do is beat the damage. Vikings need to land an almost perfect play again or else they will chain it additional times and I promise as I was unfortunate to this in a game.

It went off I kid you not 8 times. No one was alive. GG.

Medivh is a great counter for Mephisto. So is Genji, any one with a stun, shove or silence too.

ETC is the perfect tank for dealing with Mephisto.