Disappointed with brawl

Brawl in this game has a great potential to take the ARAM format and go nuts with it. Taking the themes of all these great blizzard games for an ultimate mash up. The Zerg map should have a timed Zerg army release from both sides. The conveyor belts are novel but ultimately more annoying than anything. But at least it seems like some ingenuity went into it, embracing the theme of the map. All
The other one are just bare bones single lane rubbish. And they are badly designed when you take into account the playstyle of heroes in this game. they all give massive freedom to long range spam aoe and casters, and make it more difficult for melee assassins. The maps blatantly benefit mages over anyone else.

Many aspects of this mode incite toxic behaviour from players. The pre game pick discussions are just people saying ā€˜take a tankā€™ ā€˜take a healerā€™ and then being ignored because the dude is afk and then he auto picks murky or rexxar and the enemy team has kaelthas and li Ming so itā€™s an absolute stomp and everyone just ends up fighting and blaming eachother.

I am most disappointed with this mode because it appeared as though effort was made to balance it by removing certain heroes. And for some reason blizzard have just gone screw it and added some of them back. As a matter of fact chromie isnā€™t even that bad because her artillery has a drawback- sheā€™s pathetic and easy to kill. Azmodan not so much he actually breaks the mode.

At the momen all the potential of this mode is squandered and itā€™s just a standard, badly designed ARAM mode.

A suggestion I posted recently was to change the mode so that it cycles between classes. Imagine ARAM but all the overpowered characters that break the mode are pitted against eachother and not given a chance to be up against characters they blatantly dominate. Imagine where the characters we pick are for fun reasons or novel ideas about how characters of the same class can synergise instead of just insulting people who donā€™t pick a tank a healer or the op Mage???

Imagine getting the lost Vikings and actually picking them because everyone is the lost Vikings??? 5 lost Vikings vs 5 lost Vikings in ARAM on a map with armies of Zerg swarming at eachother down single lane- that sounds like way more fun than what we currently get!!

The fact that I made that post and then loaded the game to find blizzard had gone screw it and let more broken heroes back in, it felt like a slap in the face!

Get your stuff together blizzard hot dang

I thought this would be another post about adding back the new brawls but sadly I was wrong. ARAM is only here for those league players that donā€™t want to deal with HOTS objectives and just do a single lane push.

I really hope blizzard wonā€™t ā€œimproveā€ ARAM but instead add the old brawls back because in the end this is what HOTS is supposed to be- a unique and different experience from all of the other mobas

2 Likes

I wish the unique game modes would be around more often. Calling it ā€œBrawlā€ when 99% of the time itā€™s just ARAM is a little misleading.

1 Like

itā€™s been only ARAM for like half a year

Yep and it makes me sad. I enjoyed PVE brawl especially on hard difficulty

Didnā€™t they say that a lot of the changes done to heroes of recent mean that a lot of the other type brawls were behaving oddly and it would take some work for them to get them all working again (or something to that effect) so at the moment we have just that basic ARAM style and with the dev team being smaller these days their focus is elsewhere at the moment and not on fixing the brawls