Dropped several ranks because of Storm League placements

I got placed in plat 2 this season after going 4-6 in my placements.

I ended last season in master 1,6k HL 2,8k TL, and the season before that, I ended at 10,7k HL and 3,5k TL.

I was getting around +30 ranked adjustment per game even at 10k HL points, so I suspect my MMR was pretty boosted. That’s why my placement this season doesn’t make sense to me. Why have I dropped so far?

I know there was a bug in the beginning of the season where a lot of high ranked players got placed around gold, but I’ve taken a two month break from HotS so I wasn’t placed when those players got readjusted. Is it possible that my account is affected by the same bug?

Outliers in the MMR spectrum were supposed to get clamped together when Storm League started, but I think going from high masters MMR to plat is a little drastic. Can anything be done to fix this, or do I have to grind up to my previous rank?

Repeat after me 4 and 6, 4 and 6, 4 and 6, 4 and 6, . . .

it’s shocking you are placed in plat.

At the start of this season, you were Diamond 5. Any players with an MMR at Diamond 5 or higher got clamped to that. To the system you weren’t any different than a diamond 5 player who went 4-6 in their placement matches. Depending on the order of wins and losses, platinum 2 seems plausible.

While i wont go into discussing whether this is fun design, its definitely intentional and communicated by blizzard through patch notes. All you can do is grind back up to your previous rank.

I see, thanks for the response!