Experience in Heroes of the storm

The selling point of the game is killing any potential in carrying the game by yourself. Personal xp gain would be awesome and you will be able to stan out of other players. The thing is, when you are i na team with 4 people and one of them does not know what to do, he puts all of you in disadvantage. This is what is dragging you down and when you are in disadvantage, it is almost impossible to carry your team.

3 Likes

I believe you feel this way but it is only because you lack deeper understandment of the game.

In reality the problem is not your allies but yourself. You are not good enough to rank up and therefore you are where you deserve to be, among same skilled players.

The key is the learn the game yourself

The same SKILLED Players are saying every day in every stream in every game the same thing the OP said . This sentence " you are exactly where u deserve " is some mantra you people repeat like empty buzzword or what ? Its invalidated by the most simple thing - the flawed mm system .
EVEN MORE SO , now with the option to PARTY in Storm League and get premades vs full randoms . CLAP to whoever came up with the idea in Blizzard. Everything said by OP is correct .

Where u still have huge impact on the whole game , its not even close to the impact in Lets say DOta u coulda have . Simply because this game is entirely build in co-op and exclusively teamplay.
You cant imagine how many times PER GAME i need to repeat " dont fight 9v10 , soak , soak , soak , soak " and so on .
YOU CANT IMAGINE . A person going solo to contest tribute which is meaningless coz the enemy dont have 2 , thus they cant get curse , AND we can skip it . This person dying ( at level 20 ) results in enemy taking boss , and winning . This is just a simple example to make you understand how ONE BADDIE can ruin the entire game for the rest of us . and there is NOTHING you can do because 4v5 is almost a lost cause .Said almost because few times in a year the enemy team will throw epic fail.
Yes you control ur own actions but you cant beat the enemy by urself in a game without items and shared exp.

4 Likes

So are you claiming that those players who have played thousands of games and whatever rank they have, that they dont deserve that rank? How are you basing this claim?

I know from personal experience that people are around 95% accuracy where they should be. It is very simple: If you are better than the current rank, you will eventually climb up. It is a fact

Read my previous post about delusional players and why they believe they should have better rank. It is all explained to you

Nice percentage , i can pull something like that in 10 seconds and present it as fact too .
"read my previous post about … " Yea , if YOU almighty one made a post it must be taken as LAW .
I understood one thing tho , if you so much want to be the last one posting for the sake of posting here you re , there is no hope to fill that thick head of yours with anything so . Done :slight_smile: GL

1 Like

So how can you climb if each game you have at least one guy that throw/dc/afk/noob/etc… ?
Some of my last games include:

1- a Leoric with 15 death
2- A guy face checking a bush in ennemy terrirtory at level 22 alone.
3- a 4 team premade feeding like crazy and giving 4 lvl lead to ennemy
4- 4 others guys on a lane reporting me because i try to soak the other 2 lanes with the heaaler after trying to help them as 5 on the same lane but going nowere as they were so bad.
5- a guy pinging boss at lvl 20+ and all the other going to take it (me included but trying to tell them not to) when ennemy got tyrael AND falstad and all are up.
6- people engaging 9v10 , then same team 12v14 and 18v20 all the time.

eTc… etc…

this is only the past few days…

1 Like

We can take a look a replay and I can tell you how you can improve your own gameplay

2 Likes

Let me tell you how it works. Cause I did test this my self by making another account to see if eventually both accounts would end in the same rank… And they did. I was Rank 1 preseason, Diamond after that, took a break for 2 years and came back, placed plat. Did a lot of games and kinda stayed at the same place with 50% winrate cause like I said, 2 years break, am still learning new things so I guess am not good enough yet to pass Diamond like I used to.

So I logged into my other account that I use to play with a friend of mine who is really new to the game so I don’t want us to be matched with similar mmr players as my main, and I do my placements solo. I win 3-0 and end up in bronze somehow. Then I went on to have 70% win rate all the way up to plat again. I had 100% winrate until I reached gold, while only playing gazlowe.

So what did I figure out? You can only Carry up to your rank. Ofc there is games where you say " damn I carried this game so hard" but its not a lot of games in a row like it should be in smaller ranks.

I can easily carry any game up to high Gold, like easily. And If you are a grandmaster, you can easily carry any game up to High diamond or even master.

I was like you, thinking you cant carry. But then I watched Fan do Bronze to GM challenge. A good player can carry up to his rank, he literally carried almost every single game up to even masters. If he can do it, then its doable.

2 Likes

Excatly that is how it goes! Been trying to tell this to the low ranked guys but they just blame luck

Translation: Git gud

1 Like

Does not really make a difference 9 out of 10 times. I do think I can improve a lot as well. I’m not that oblivious. I do think there should be more single player impact. I think if someone does really well, there should be something to it. Because doing really well on your own has like 20% impact. While doing really bad on your own, impacts a 100%.

But yea, thats imo a core design flaw. Game is still decent fun, and thats thanks to the heroes and how they play. Not to the core game of it all in my opinion.

Let me tell you how it works
I am regurarly plat-dia with my main.
i did 2 smurf they went master, and stayed master.
Same thing.

Ronin u are so right… that guy pandagic or whatever his name is. has been saying that same thing in every treat. he obv has no idea or experience with low end league and what it means to be stuck

yeah totally agree, the lack of updates on the stuff that really matters killed this game long time ago.

I just came back to play a few games after i notice there was an update released so i can read whats it about…just to find out they are improving meaningless things…UI…AI…new HEROES…nonsense events so AI farmers can complete…

thats why as na Esport game is so dead

1 Like

You are right that I have never been stuck at low ranks. That being said I have played many accounts from bronze to up. That is why I know what I am talking about