Extreme increase in queue times

Since last update queue times has increased way too much. B4 i was getting about 60 seconds, now depending on role it’s about 200-500 seconds average on “advanced” queue. What happened? There could not possibly be that huge decline in player participation.

9 Likes

The new matchmaking system is just awful. No noticeable balance change, just 5x wait time.

8 Likes

Agree entirely - I have just posted about exactly this. I really hope they put it back to how it was - who wants to wait five minutes per match?

2 Likes

For me i average 400-500 seconds everytime i queue no matter what role i pick.
I play maybe 1-2 games a day but lately i have stopped playing altogheter, it simply takes to long to get into the game.

Regarding the teams i have been getting its been mixed, on top of my head i would say that 100% all have had a tank and healer, however… Far from 100% have been “good” matchups, some teams just makes it impossible to contest objectives or even teamfight.

Lets just hope they make some very much needed changes to the matchmaker.

1 Like

Just me reposting from another thread but fits in just fine.

Apparently they are, I honestly dont know what people expected about MM changes in order to improve balance on QM… Every single attempt failed miserable and this just adds to the pile.

But with every attempt QM waiting timers seem to be longer and longer to give you that “Balanced” match! Which it doesnt! So instead of the usuall older wait times of 3-5 min tops were now reaching 10+> for the exact same s-hit MM matchups.

Honestly tempted to just go back to LoL at this point, 1 map and the meta might be stale but goddamnit all waiting 10 minutes for a match that maybe lasts 15 if your unlucky is far worse in my book.

/golfclap

2 Likes

I bought a stimpack, but estimately with every 3 match i have a -1 match because of this waiting time (15-20 mins). Basicly my stimpak dont worth the same before.

1 Like

The 400-500 second wait is terrible only to end up with no tank and no healer and the enemy team has a healer and tank. not really sure what to say but its not good.

1 Like

I wouldnt mind long wait times if i get balanced battle after that. But its like ‘here you just wait here for 10 minutes, after that time i will que you against a premade with some random dps’’

1 Like

For me the waiting time has increased about 4-5 times in average and the quality of match-up dropped about the same: totally unbalanced roles and skill sets. To the point that on one side you have 2 healers, 2 tanks, 1 spec and on the other side 3 spec, 1 -2 assassins… Not sure how one could create such a bad system and pas it into production after (or without?) testing…

I think the HotS dev team totally lost the motivation because of the en-of-life decision of this product and push into the production not tested and not finished features. I guess we will not see any changes anymore besides some new skins and alike.

The problem is called Activision. They probably wanted to kill the game on purpose.
They are like cancer.

One of the bad ones.

1 Like

I don’t understand, have they changed something about matchmaking?

The queue times are horrible now - 5 minutes just to find a quick-match game? And the quality of games hasn’t really improved either. I have been in a team with 3 tanks vs a team with perfect composition.

But having to wait 5 minutes just to get into a game that will be over in 15 minutes, essentially waiting 33% of a match duration, is just unlivable.

1 Like