Game is unplayable

I tried to play the game for the current theme rewards which all require somekind of heal/dmg + winning.
First, I tried on quick match, my team - full of lvl 50-100 vs lvl 500 guys - got wrecked, then next two games someone went to AFK, lost 1, won 1 with a bot in our team.
This is very slow way to unlock rewards so I went to play against AI. However, that is even worse: my AI teammates start dancing back and forth all the time, WTF?
Honestly, is this the best they can come up with after 4 years?

Where is the quality and polish Blizzard games used to have? Their games today are only good to make people frustrated.
I don’t need that, uninstalled together with battle.net…

Honestly I want to disagree with you

But I feel like I can really sympathize with you here

Heroes of the Storm especially was a game that was truly fun to play back when it was first new

Now it’s a frustrating mess in comparison to how fun it used to be

And the same has been true for a lot of other games the same company has developed lately

I too wonder where all the talented developers who actually made these games fun went and why

Were they fired just to sabotage the company intentionally by someone?

I wish they came back and made this game fun again

Heroes of the Storm itself really needs a Hero right about now

3 Likes

If HOTS would be owned by any other game dev like EA, it would been shut down or development would have stopped already. It’s clear that HOTS is not bringing blizz money but they still left a small team to please the community.

You have to remember that at the end Blizzard is a company and their main goal is to make money.

“You have to remember that at the end Blizzard is a company and their main goal is to make money.”

Then this is an awful short thinking on their part. Last I checked they made 2 billion! dollars profit (not revenue) last year. And they cannot afford to write an AI which is not stucked in every 2 minutes? Or some kind of quality control who checks the game before they release a patch?
Because If they are not (willing to), then it is better if they shut this game down right now. As Xylord also said, in current state it is a mess, a disgrace which makes bad reputation for the company.

1 Like

what do you mean by “is not stucked”.

You can make ai follow you by pinging them.

The main game isn’t versus ai and most people play it to do quests or exp farms anyway

“You can make ai follow you by pinging them.”

Yes, this is what I tried pinging on camps or objects. Usually what happens is that my AI teammates start moving to the object, then they get stucked in a place and they move back and forth (dancing) without doing anything. They do not react to further ping. I am willing to admit I lost against AI because of that.
(Another example when on Blackheart Bay AI teammates try to put coins in the chest, and only one can do it at once, because all try to use the same spot.)
I am pretty sure DEVs know about those bugs, just I assume they are not allowed to spend time to fix, because of the greediness of management.

How new players can improve,you can`t just drop kid on the street or let him watch movies.Am asking with who you played when you started to play?None of them blamed you for lose proplayer?

As you maybe already know there is a lot of smurf accounts from Gold,Silver,Bronze and others.And am sure you didn`t saw not even Gold.

Yes,when you lose a lot it`s frustated.Learn,go run throu wood.

I think many of them still play just no more $$$ like before,higher salary than pro basketball players

1 Like

Off topic question- why are you even playing versus ai if you are unhappy with it?

As I wrote in the beginning, my main goal was to unlock current theme (quest) rewards. I choose the healing quest where 400k heal is necessary from winning games. I have tried first quick match, but lost 2 of 3, and it feels win only depends on which team has less player in AFK, therefore I turned to AI games…

As I have said in another post- I rarely see a intentional feeder, about every 20th game maybe. Now if someone went afk for 1 minute, that doesn’t count.

I really think you’re overreacting and everyone has loosing sprees.

everyone has losing and wining sprees because matchmaking is rigged

At this point you’re just talking to yourself. You say the same over and over and over again and for some reason no one’s praising you. If you have something to say please put some thought to it

You are half right…play more games in Unranked and STOP THE F CKING PLAY THIS TRASH MODE QM!
And try to collect more high game xp-ed friends.If can add them of course.
Of course that need to play often with all added friends,to when understand who is high game skilled , and who is not and remove from your friend list.
And.many time i repeat in general vhat this HosT player base is HALF TRASH!
Its " normal" for whole not so bad game situacion.
Just play and dont think about this mecha special event!

I think it is utterly ridiculous that I have to avoid a game mode because it does not work, and I do not think it is matters if only 5% or 1% of the playerbase use it. It is there, available for everyone and it should work. It is from a company who has 20 years of history making games, and who made 2 billions in profit last year. They still do not give a damn.
To me this is the end of the road with Blizzard games. It is definition of insanity that I keep trying to play their games, and I always get dissapointed (WoW- endless class pruning/homogeniztion, HS - rng on rng/boring meta builds, D3 - haha).
But I understand that there are people who still like their games (including Hots), so good luck to you, and sorry for the drama queen post.

Hey Blight

If you are interested in completing the MechaStorm 2 Event Quest really fast in a rush on Versus AI I am available today if you are still willing to give the game a chance

It makes a world of difference if you have a good teammate playing together with you in Versus AI even if it still is the big mess that it is

Send me a friend request if you are interested

Xylord#2300 in the Europe Region

Thank you Xylord, you are the man, but I think I have finished with Blizz games (last drop in the ocean)…for now…:smiley:

1 Like

If you can ever find it in your heart to give this game a chance again

Please find me and add me

You were cool too Blight and I appreciate your honesty and way of speaking

Seems like they are making changes to the matchmaking:

Ranked Points are being mapped 1:1 to MMR so that your visible rank points are considered to be what your MMR is. In addition to this Rank is no longer a factor in matching ppl for games. These are both things that have been asked for by the community for a while now, visible mmr and single factor matching through MMR, to make the game better.

I believe that these changes will make matching better over all. Now instead of matching via rank and MMR it will only consider MMR. which essentially before there could have been a lot of overlap in the MMR between various ranks, now there will be a flat MMR points system that is easy to understand and doesnt overlap.

Also there is:
https : //news .blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/23066827/ heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-july-29-2019

They can only go better ways…

If is 1:1 how can be a change in matchmaking exept visible MMr transformed from League Rank points to MMR.Something similar to GM and Master counting points.

You need 25k rank points to reach Master League,like you said 1:1 25k MMR points,think should be 10 Rank Points 1 MMR,so 10:1 or 2500 MMR needed,like it was just not visible.

If you play against higher placed MMR and win you get +points or oposite.

I can`t see how this can change matchmaking

@Reckeris

Yeah, I’m talking to myself, but blizz is changing matchmaking next season. lolol

Hidden MMR is completely unnecessary, we don’t even need mmr in this game I don’t think, should be like TBC arena, you got your rating, you’re matched with similarly ranked players, thats it.

1 Like