Gazlowe’s hero rework: A Bruiser you want to scrap with

Gazlowe’s hero rework: A Bruiser you want to scrap with

You’re going to want to take a look at this Gazlowe hero rework . . . he’s a miracle of Goblin engineering!

View Full Article

I’m sorry to the people who put effort in to rework Gazlowe but it’s a complete disaster in this case. Gazlowe was interesting because he made turrets and could therefore control an area, which is a really cool idea in a game that has such a focus on objectives. He had an interesting trait that allowed great manipulation of his character, reducing cooldown and maintaining mana by collecting scra. This scra also dropped from structures meaning that once an objective was won, he was also very strong at pushing with objectives collecting scra as it cleared forts.

Unfortunately now the scra mechanic is completely worthless, and it only impacts his turrets, which are also completely worthless. You can’t maintain a turret nest until much later in to the game and even if you manage to build one it won’t last/achieve a whole lot.

To give context to why the scra is worthless… collecting a piece of scra is only possible from my turret (no talent for minion drops and nothing from buildings). A scra literally just gives me 1/4 of a turret. In a fight this is largely irrelevant as it isn’t significant enough to really impact anything (if you compare with one or two of the talents he can take to get more scra it is comparatively pointless) and it doesn’t impact any of his other abilities. It takes a second or two to collect the scra and you often have to endanger yourself to do it so it isn’t worth doing.

I could go on but I’m just bored and tired of this all. It is ok to have heroes that are picked in niche scenarios or by a small set of the player-base. Old Gazlowe was special and although a lot of people didn’t like him, he was loved by some. Now he’s been made in to a generic mess that literally doesn’t do anything. As I say, I’m sure people worked hard and tried but the issue with reworks is if they aren’t good, they’re bad because you are giving up a hero to do it. I’d sooner see a Nexus Anomaly where you had heroes “duplicated” and people could play both versions and then give feedback before you completely wiped a hero out.

Finally, in response to those who will do the usual “oh you’re just bad etc”. I’m happy to fish out vods of the top EU GM players banning Gazlowe vs me if you’d like.

p.s. I had to change the word “s c r a p” to “scra” as apparently it’s a profanity on this forum… :man_facepalming:

I miss long, wind and slow gazlow lazer :frowning: