Goodbye to 5 years of Heroes

Reposting this from the US forums as well since I wanted to say goodbye to my region I played on during all these years as well. :heart:

"Hi everyone,

I don’t post here much, almost none at all, but I’ve just uninstalled the game for the first time ever since beta. I am sad that it has gotten to this point, but I cannot further take the state of the game as it is right now and I don’t mean content of the game or mechanics / balance. Please let me explain.

This game really got me throughout whatever’s been there in my life for the past 5 years, even through my hardest states of depression during those years, Heroes always was a ‘safe place’ for me. It was my first MOBA ever and damn, I sucked at start, but I guess we all have to start somewhere. I played all the modes throughout the years (except aram) and I always wanted to play this game competitively. Alas, none of my friends really got to hang around with me in Heroes so I played mostly solo. I remember whenever I first started ranked (not counting the beta preseason - although I did that as well and reached like rank 15 or so iirc) I was placed in low gold (think gold 4 or 5). Ever since then I wanted to become a better player and improve. Over the years , I naturally became better and better, got to buy all the heroes, most of them had gold rings (lvl 15) before I uninstalled , only a few were missing. My favourite role quickly became tanking and solo laning. Leoric was my most played hero and my main with having him around level 75.

So around 3 or 4 seasons ago, I finally managed to reach masters which was always the thing i wanted to achieve.
And I did. And I knew from everyone else that masters and above isn’t going to be this place where everything gets super interesting and people coordinate on a whole other level. Well, some games were like that, but honestly? A lot of the games were complete mess. I’m not the guy who’s going to blame others (at one point I was and was also banned because of it, but I’ve learned from it.) , because I messed up a few (probably more than a few) games as well, but it has got to a point where I have the feeling that there’s not even any point in trying. :disappointed:

People don’t know when to come to teamfights, when to soak, when to join objectives, when to just wait for teammates to ress and NOT engage, even in this rank. And I’m not saying low masters is some rank where the all stars meet, but damn. At this rank , you’d expect there to be at least some sort of competence and intelligence regarding decision making. And then there are the obvious trolls, feeders , etc. I’ve actually played last year with chat muted because all the amount of people blaming each other in the chat was really disctrating me from playing the game. About half a year ago i enabled it again only to find out it was still the same.

I’m honestly dissapointed and sad. Not in the community itself, but in the fact that people aren’t willing to learn, don’t know how to make proper macro decisions or just don’t know the basics of the game still @ masters (don’t fight talents behind , especially heroics, don’t fight a person down when on the same talent tier etc.)

And I don’t know why, but this ranked season especially is probably the worst of them all. I’ve started with like 3-8 (win-loss) and then continuted to win like 10 games in a row, then lost some and won some again, and today it happened again where I lost like 8 games in a row. I don’t know. It’s just like I’ve said - people aren’t educated enough on the basic principles of this game and as a result , this happens a lot of the time. I know the matchmaker is trying to balance it off to 50% so probably after this horrible loss streak I would have gotten a great win streak again, but damn, it just feels so bad having it like this. :frowning_face: :disappointed_relieved:

I’m sorry Heroes community, but my time to say farewell to this game has probably come. You were really a great community and I wish everyone the best :heart:, but me personally - I just can’t take the state of the game and the absolute non-knowledge of the players in ranked like it is anymore. (Quick Match is just whatever, I literally have no emotions attached to it, as its random 5 heroes vs random 5 heroes so I couldn’t really be sad , mad or dissapointed if i lost or not as it’s a coin toss)

It just doesn’t feel rewarding and fun to play anymore like this where you get a 8-10 game loss streak only to get a 8-10 game win streak afterwards. If anything, it’s just even more exhausting and making me more anxious to play. So it has come. I’ve unisntalled the game today. Hopefully , there will come a day where players will have a better knowledge of the game, maybe in some ways blizzard could try to take this goodbye note as a feedback to improve and better teach players on how to play this game. Spoiler alert : quick match is not the answer.

Goodbye heroes , stay safe , healthy & keep having fun.
Thank you to everyone, be it community or blizzard , for all the awesome memories in this game during the 5 year ride. :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe we’ll see each other one day again… in the Nexus :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: "

3 Likes

Goodbye friend!!
As long as you do not start LoL or Fortnite, you are always welcome back!!
From a fellow Bronzie - see ya in the nexus!!

1 Like

make a new account, start frm the bottom ,

at least tht way you not get tilted that WHY they dont know basics,

bcoz, they honestly dnt know :slight_smile:

n it will b a different fun :wink:

the game is just a joke. Spending more time being cc’ed than actualy playing the game

it has to do with the amount of CC in the game

the fact that you get banned for every word you say to someone that is absolute dogpoo in this game says it all. the trolls have won

1 Like

I think a lot of skilled players feel like this. Too many “socials” are on ranked not even trying to learn to play it. I got banned several times for using the word troll. This rule of ruining the game play of others simply by calling them out for not soaking or for feeding is dumb. Not working with the team, running around with 5% health not touching a fountain once. It’s not worth playing this game if you are good at it, because the trolls and socials have ruined ranked. I’ve lost my love for this game long ago. I played now and then but after 3 matches I regret I logged on at all. Too bad, I liked the game at first but it’s ruined now. And now they have ruined Anduin I got no reason to play at all.