Hero Idea: C'Thun

A copy of my idea from original forums.

Name: C’Thun

Title: God of Chaos

Role: Ranged Assassin.

Abilities:

Grace of C’Thun (Z): Increases the Movement Speed of C’Thun’s champion by 40% for 5 seconds. 35 Second Cooldown.

Trait: Old God: C’Thun takes the place of the Core. Instead, players control either General Rajaxx, Battleguard Sartura or Prophet Skeram as a Champion.

Tentacle (E): Spawn a tentacle at the chosen location that attacks any enemy within range, prioritising Heroes. Tentacles last 12 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown.

Dark Glare ®: After a 1.5 second delay, C’Thun channels a beam of energy at the target visible location for 6 seconds. The beam follows the mouse cursor. Unlimited range. 65 Second Cooldown.

Unique Talents:
Level 1:
General Rajaxx: Choose General Rajaxx as C’Thun’s chosen champion. A powerful Warrior that can root enemies in place and endure in battle.

Battleguard Sartura: Choose Battleguard Sartura as C’Thun’s champion. A swift Melee Assassin that darts around the battlefield and chases down enemies.

Prophet Skeram: Choose Prophet Skeram as C’Thun’s champion. A cunning Ranged Assassin that slows and confuses his foes.

Level 7:
Piercing Gaze (1): Grant an allied unit double field of vision and stealth detection for 4 seconds. 12 Second Cooldown.

Shatter Hope (1): Reduce the damage of all non-Heroic units in an area by 50% for 5 seconds. Affects Towers, Forts and Keeps. Does not affect enemy Core. 16 Second Cooldown.

Burden of Doubt (1): Slow all enemies in a target area by 40% for 2.5 seconds. 15 Second Cooldown.

Level 10: See C’Thun’s ultimate.

Level 13:
Eye Tentacle: Transform Tentacle into an Eye Tentacle, granting it greater attack range and increasing its line of sight by 100%. Line of sight no longer impeded by terrain or buildings.

Crusher Tentacle: Transform Tentacle into a Crusher Tentacle, increasing its damage by 25%, causing 50% of damage dealt to splash to nearby enemies and gain 30% health.

Level 20:
Corrupting Gaze: Dark Glare now leaves a trail of darkness behind that lasts 3 seconds, dealing X damage enemies that stand in it, and explodes to deal X damage to nearby enemies if a Hero dies to Corrupting Gaze. Deals double damage to non-Heroic units. Cannot damage structures.

Quotes:
Selected:
I will be free.

Spawn:
The Black Empire will be reborn.

You will be broken when this is done.

You have another chance to serve, Cho’gall.

Champion revives:
Go forth. Enact my will.

You may serve again, my champion.

Dark Glare:
You are already dead.

Your heart will explode.

You. Will. Die.

Shatter Hope:
You are weak.

Pings:
Attack Unit:
Here. Strike here.

Attack Enemy Building:
The Black Empire is impeded by this fort.

Attack Enemy Core:
Destroy their Core. Destroy their hope.

Help Champion:
My champion requires aid. Provide it.

Help Allied Hero:
Without you, our ally will fall.

Defend Building:
Our empire is threatened. Secure our fortress.

Defend C’Thun:
They come for me. To my aid, servants!

Attack Mercenaries:
Ah, mercenaries. How about they join us?

Take Watchtower:
Every empire needs lookouts, yes? Take the watchtower.

Defend Watchtower:
Our watchtower is in peril. Aid in its defence.

General Rajaxx:

Abilities:

Grasp (Q): Grab an enemy, rooting them for 3 seconds and dealing X damage every second for the duration. 10 Second Cooldown.

Qiraji Fortitude (W): Activate to reduce damage taken by 25% and increase health regeneration by 100% for 6 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown.

Thundering Roar ®: Bellow, causing enemy Minions, Mercenaries and Summons to flee for 3 seconds. 40 Second Cooldown.

Unique Talents:
Level 4:
Crushing Grasp: Increase damage of Grasp by 10% and increases duration by 1 second.

Qiraji Resolve: Increases natural health regeneration by 200% while Qiraji Fortitude is active.

Level 10: See Rajaxx’s Heroic Ability.

Level 16:
Broken Armour: When Grasp ends, the target is slowed by 15% and takes 25% extra damage for 2 seconds.

Shared Fortitude: Any allied Heroes nearby receive 15% damage reduction and 50% health regeneration for 4 seconds when Qiraji Fortitude is used.

Level 20:
Ghastly Scream: Heroes are now affected by Thundering Roar, fleeing for 1.5 seconds. Bellowing Roar now deals X damage to enemies nearby.

Quotes:
Chosen as Campion:
It is an honour to serve the Old One!

Revival:
Yes, C’Thun! I obey!

I shall lead our armies to victory, my lord!

Move:
To battle!

They will break before us!

Attack Unit:
Skkkkrah!

I’ll tear you in two!

Death Alongside Enemy:
Gaha!

Fight on without me, soldiers!

Suggest Healing Fountain:
The fountain waters will heal you. Use them!

Healed:
I am strengthened!

Hearthstone:
They won’t kill me that easily!

Capture objective/merc camp/Enemy Hero dies:
The qiraji fell another!

Weak mongrel! That’s what you get!

Battleguard Sartura:

Abilities:

Slicing Dash (Q): Dart forward and deal X damage to all enemies nearby upon stopping. Hitting an enemy Hero reduces cooldown of Swift Flight by 1 second, up to 5 seconds. 7 Second Cooldown.

Swift Flight (W): Increase Movement Speed by 40% for 3.5 seconds. Deals 100% bonus damage on the next Basic Attack if the effect is still active upon attacking. 13 Second Cooldown.

Sandwinds ®: Enemies in a line are pulled towards Sartura for 4 seconds. If they reach her, she deals damage equal to 15% of their maximum Health. Minions are instantly slain. 65 Second Cooldown.

Unique Talents:
Level 4:
Whirlwind Dash: Increases radius of Slicing Dash’s attack by 30%.

Battlecry: Nearby allies gain 10% increased Movement and Attack Speed for 2 seconds when Swift Flight is used.

Level 10: See Sartura’s Heroic Ability.

Level 16:
Raking Limbs: Slicing Dash’s damage now causes enemies to bleed for 60% of the damage dealt.

Savage Slaughter: Swift Flight’s cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds and applies its damage bonus to all Basic Attacks for the duration of the effect.

Level 20:
Sandstorm Ambush: If no enemy Hero is damaged by Sartura during Sandwinds, she will dart forward and deal damage equal to 7% of maximum health to all enemies she encounters. Minions are instantly slain.

Quotes:
Chosen as Champion:
I am your battleguard, C’thun!

Revival:
The battle will never end!

I shall slay all of them for you, master!

Move:
They will bleed for the Old Gods!

Slay all before us!

Attack Unit:
You have been judged!

I sentence you to death!

Death Alongside Enemy:
I fight to the end!

My death fuels the power of my master!

Water, I hate it! But you clearly need it.

Healed:
I live to fight in battle for longer!

Hearthstone:
To enact my master’s will, I must fall back!

Off with their heads!

Krenash qiraji!

Prophet Skeram:

Abilities:

Mind Rake (Q): Deal X damage to an enemy over 3 seconds and slows them by 20% for the duration. 10 Second Cooldown.

Swap Appearance (W): Skeram swaps his appearance with an allied Minion or Mercenary (excluding Catapults) for 20 seconds,. Breaks when the affected Minion or Skeram dies. The affected Minion or Mercenary gains 50% of Skeram’s Health, focuses on Skeram’s current target and casts Mind Rake when used. Cannot be used if an enemy Hero is in Skeram’s line of sight. 20 Second Cooldown.

Mastery of the Mind ®: Skeram creates 3 copies of himself and teleports to a selected location. While selecting a teleport location, Skeram gains 25% extra vision and can see over terrain. A copy always spawns where Skeram teleports from. Copies mimic Skeram’s Basic Attacks and Mind Rake for 25% damage Copies last 12 seconds or until death. 60 Second Cooldown.

Unique Talents:
Level 4:
Mind Butcher: Increases slow of Mind Rake to 40% and marks the target for 6 seconds. Marked targees take 20% extra damage from Skeram’s Basic Attacks.

Qiraji Trickery: Grants Swap Appearance a second charge and reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds.

Level 10: See Skeram’s Ultimate Ability.

Level 16:
Mind Stab: Mind Rake no longer channels. It applies the slow and deals the damage of its duration over four seconds.

Perfect Mimicry: Swap Appearance increases the Minion’s health to 100% of Skeram’s Health and allows the affected Minion to slow enemies by 10% for 1 second with its Basic Attacks.

Level 20:
Feeble Minds of Mortals: Copies generated by Mastery of the Mind deal 75% damage and reduce the Armour of enemies affected by Mind Rake by 25%.

Quotes:
Chosen as Champion:
Cower, mortals! The age of darkness is at hand!

Revival:
Your will is my command, o’ master.

They shall die in a way most befitting, great one!

Move:
Prepare!

The ancient ones will return!

Attack Unit:
Are you so eager to die?

You will drown in rivers of blood!

Death Alongside Enemy:
You only delay… the inevitable…

The end is upon you!

The healing fountain will replenish your wounds.

Healed:
The Black Empire could use loyalists like you.

Hearthstone:
When I return, the screams of the dying will fill the air!

Let their death serve as an example!

Their flesh and blood shall feed C’Thun!

2 Likes

Extremely well detailed, if a little complicated. It sounds like a fun hero to play and would include some nice voidy effects to keep current with WoW’s current trajectory toward the Old Gods once again.

1 Like

That is what I hope for as well. More lore for something can mean a slight increase they get added.