Heroes of the Storm XBOX

Blizzard you have some thoughts in the future to launch hots on the xbox having the view that xbox are keyboard and mouse support?

2 Likes

I really donā€™t think that blizzard would put a game thatā€™s on maintenance mode into another platform.

i wold love to see hots on other platform like xbox, becose hots is a unique moba game, in my opinion is the best moba ever created , i love to play the abundance of the map and objective .

3 Likes

Come oon stop want more work from them! :slight_smile:
They must work so many other things,a you want more work ( better MM points system
in SL, and more new punishment rolesā€¦) from themā€¦hehšŸ˜†
Maybe is good for you play in XBoxā€¦
Btw,how you think would contol(marco play) with this joystic? :slight_smile:
You will say ā€¦" easy","its about trainingā€™,right?! :slight_smile:

Yeah and we pc players would also like to get new content for the game and not wait 4 months for a new hero but Itā€™s just how it is

Xbox already support keyboard and mouse :blush:

This is not a bad idea at all

I see no reason why this game couldnā€™t perform well on a console if Keyboard and Mouse were already supported there

And seeing as the game would be identical to the player we could even have cross-platform capability!

We would just get more players

Console support and even controller support could be great if implemented properly

I read Diablo 3 came out for consoles too after all

A version of Heroes of the Storm with simplified audio and Carbot graphics for mobile and less powerful computers and platforms is genuinely a good idea too despite all the hatred people have towards mobile gaming these days

2 Likes

I dont think Xbox will/should allow games on console that canā€™t be played with their standard controllers , they are very heavy on accessibility and limiting games further on their platform doesnt really feel like something that you should do.

Theres no problem if controlling the game is easier with keyboard and mouse but it should still be playable with the default controller for that console.

2 Likes

Controller support would be amazing for this game

Just imagine using an analog stick to move your hero

1 Like

Getting console players isnā€™t a bad idea (tho I donā€™t think blizz will do it) but imagine having pc players play with mobile players- mobile players will be worse because of the controls and HOTS fasted pased gameplay, a lot of kids who are looking for more mobile games will come in and will result in even worse matchmaking and I think that would just drive existing players away

2 Likes

Well, now imgine casting things like alarakā€™s telekensis with the right analog stick if the left analog stick is for movement.

2 Likes

imagine throwing a living bomb at the right target as kt

1 Like

Not necessarily

A lot of mobile devices already support controllers so if such a thing was implemented they would be on par with console gamers in terms of capability

And if there is a special mode dedicated to cross-platform play and the rest are for Keyboard and Mouse players only we will not have the ā€œmobile gamers ruining HOTSā€ apocalyptic scenario that you are describing

A simple precaution prevents a huge issue from ever happening and brings in a lot of players

And this benefits PC players as well

Now you can play your favorite game even when youā€™re in the bathroom!

I really like this idea

And considering the analog sticks are even clickable they could even function as extra buttons

I would like all the controls to have HIGH levels of customization

With controllers you could implement a cursor still that is controlled with the right analog stick for such abilities and other things

Would actually be really cool

1 Like

console players would still have a major dissadvantage to pc players, you have to admit that atleased

With Keyboard and Mouse?

No

The experience would be identical

With a controller?

Yes

I agree with you wholeheartedly

1 Like

Would it be identical though with keyboard and mouse? isnt console locked at 60 FPS? Can you also be sure that the connecting protocol would work the same with the same efficiency on consoles ? ( we all know how ā€¦ unique ā€¦ the stracraft engine is).

3 Likes

You bring up a good point Yukie

A major overhaul of the game will be needed to make efficient ports for it

This includes remaking the entire game on something other than the StarCraft 2 Engine which will have good functionality across different operating systems

With the connection system being a non issue now we now would have to look at the frame-rate

Sixty frames being standard across all platforms and PC being able to exceed that would not change much aside from smoother animations

Carbot 2D graphics should be optional across all platforms as well so that people will weaker hardware still have the opportunity to run the game well

2 Likes

So how do yā€™all think about this in 2022 now with the buyout of Activision?

1 Like

This does start to at leased sound possible but I dough that Phil Spencer cares about HOTS at all, and until HOTS starts getting updates, I canā€™t really say Blizzard cares either.

1 Like

With the recent news on how the Overwatch 2 develompent has been troubled by higher ups what says that this hasnā€™t affected Hots as well since Blizzard was real quiet about any updates on even one of their games during 2021