Hidden handicap modificators in ARAM

Hey all, so I already had a feeling that there are some hidden modificators like handicaps in damage or hp, that would be applied to people to get their winrate down to the average 50% or so.

It felt weird that the majority of games are onesided stompfests (win or lose , 9 out of 10 games onesided)

I am of course open to hear an explanation for this but what I saw in my last aram was this:

I played as Jaina and got killed in 1-2 sec by Mura who jumped and stunned me and then meph finishing me of.

I checked the damage “recap” and saw that meph dealt around 65% damage and muradin 34% and 1% medivh)

that totals the 100% of my hp and was therefore what killed me, yes?

NO.

I added up the shown damage numbers and got 1100 total damage while ACTUALLY having 2,2k hp (and I went in full hp)

This was a huge wtf moment for me because there are no skills that reduce your armor vs aa and spells by so much that EVERYTHING deals double damage and even if there was, meph and mura do not have access to any of those (AND even if they had, both players played standard builds not any armor-reducing mambojambo)

Anyone able to deliver a rational explanation for this?
Maybe I missed something…

1 Like

the handicap are the developers. They are so clueless about the game. The pick phase is a joke