How can i get better and with better team

hello, i play hots on and off since alpha, im far from being the perfect player but im for sure a decent one. First time posting on this forums.

im stuck in silver 1 sometime going to gold5 or silver 2.
I play solo most of the time as i have no friends who also play.
It seems that sometimes my team have a brain and we can win even against super good comps, or we just complety blow them off.
Other times my team is completly clueless or choose meme comps and even me who try to always do my best lose motivation and do not play as good as i can,

I think i deserve more then a silver rank, i would say around gold 1 or 2 for now. How can i try to reach there ? is any way to avoid this clueless people without friends to play?

thanks

ps : i mainly play as healer , varian twin bladesor mages ,dont really understand how to play a tank properly as i play too much wow and tanks have no spot in pvp, any updated tank guide you guyz can link me?

I highly recommend to watch some vids from NotParadox on YouTube. He posted several vids on the topic how to carry with certain heroes in low ranks.

TL;DW soak lanes, play safe, when in doubt, be with your team

deathxform, it’s highly respectable that you’re looking to up your game, and find brothers and sisters in arms that can help you push on to greater victories!

If you’re looking for other players to play with regularly, our EU Looking For Party forum might be a good place to look! I wish you and your team well in the Nexus, hero!

North American players can find their Looking for Party forums here.

Hello there,

Some tips so you might have a better chance at winning, like a previous poster said you can start by dual soaking (ex killing bot wave of minions, going mid clearing there, going back to bot and so on and on) , when you have no teammates on a certain lane.

Taking camps early is very important, try to play heroes that can solo camps in the first minute of the game so by the time the objective spawns (which on many maps is by the 3 minute mark) they will be available again, try and get camps before obj. so they can put pressure on enemie lanes.

On a what you can do you improve yourself at a mechanical skill level note, learn to stutter step and if you are playing tank learn to body block so you can slow down heroes that are trying to escape from fights. Stutter stepping is when you move in between attacks, there is a good video about it called stutter step 101 on youtube, just search Heroes of the storm - stutter step.

Learn the limitation of the heroes you play, it’s very important you understand what you can get away with in certain match ups (this is something that will come in time).

On the note of climbing ranks atm the Match Making is kinda “wierd” ranked being in a bad spot as quality games go. You will probably (if not already) witnessed very uneven games in which your performance didn’t matter as much as it could have and this is because the system does a poor job at placing people. There is a very huge difference of skill in every rank, many people being misplaced. You will have games at the same ranks that you will win be default just because your teammates will be vastly superior than the enemies players, and the next game you will question yourself why the players you are matched with are on the same rank as the previous ones.

I even made an experiment to see what winrate would a gold player have in bronze after 2 days of playing he reached the astounding number of 38%, so if you improve a lot at the game but still not able to climb, on the contrary you keep going down, don’t get discouraged at some point or another you will pass that “stuck” rank and you will only be better for it.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I was able to help you at least a bit.
Have a nice day.