How effective is the reporting system in HOTS?

I played a game on QM and we lost with me having least deaths. I play with disabled chat because I am being banned all the time and this is what I got after the match:

Player: trash
piece of trash thats what you are
trolling little !@#$
we all reported you pathetic !@# for trolling all game long

I am not really sure what trolling is but I have been banned once from the forums for it when making suggestions about improving monetization methods in the game. It seems to be some gamer-nerd slag people around here understand. Probably in game it means you do not die with the rest and you are somehow guilty in their eyes. I was Butcher and was not charging in with 120 meat and was careful.

Question is, why give people like that the power to decide your fate in game? Is this working as intended? For mentally unstable juveniles, to bully everyone they see fit? Maybe this should be looked into. I want to read your stories and opinions on the matter.

P.S: I am very far from little or *$%! and I doubt these 4 would be so outspoken if we met in person.

Report system is fully garbage as this trash company.
billion times they informed about garbage matchmaking of quick games.
100 lost streak, even if you try win. Only garbage peoples may support it.
I hope they will burn in hell… not only them… that trash players which support
blizzard politics too…

4 Likes

Erm… Thank you for sharing your opinion.

This is a perfect example of a troll. Someone who makes a point of ruining another person’s day by either inciting conflict or intentionally frustrating others. That said, they have a point; the report system in this game is pretty much useless. People get banned or silenced for laughable offenses and people who actually deserve the bans continue on their merry way. I would honestly have reported the other player for harrassment and then blocked them. They talk big when they know you can’t do anything, but 90% of the time it’s only hot air.

1 Like

it is not effective because it functions on volume of reports alone

silence is an indicator of player’s attitude, if you repeat a behavior, eventually you’ll get punished, but the reports decay over time, and reset the counter eventually

but the system is also very prone to abuse, mostly by frustrated teammates that disagree with you

There is a option in the social tab that makes it so that only friends can whisper message you

It might prove useful to you if you do not want random people sending you angry messages

there is an option people can use, disable chat, but mostly people don’t do that, and will report you for saying anything, im a toxic player and will always be one, i’ll bet most of my silenceses was just people making a point “abusive chat” … can only laugh, why don’t they use the disable chat function, if they get butthurt, i only report afk’er/bots, not ppl talking #"! to me, i can handle it, it’s not the toxic ppl ruin the game, it’s the afk’er/bots, remember that.

People who migrate from League of Legends and bring in that toxicity and keep referring to our heroes as “champs” ruin this game FAR MORE than anyone who goes afk or bots

Botters actually get banned before too long

But a lot of people actually go afk BECAUSE people were toxic to them!

1 Like