I can't keep playing like this

I usually don’t complain, and I think this is just wasting my time writing something that probably won’t make a change, but I’m about done with this game.

When I moved from South America I had to start a new account from scratch. I had a 1100 lvl account, 51% overall win rate, ranked usually mid plat, had put money to buy cosmetics and characters, and each month I bought a boost. Ok, I’m dealing with it. My new account has a few characters, since I’m an experienced player I’m “smurfing”, so my win rate is close to 70%, and each month I’m buying a boost. Not bad so far. The thing is that previous season I played the 3 games needed to rank. Won the 3 of them, mvp on 2. Got silver 4. Ok, it will get better. This season I won 2/3, mvp on 1. Got silver 3 (I didn’t play ranked since last season). Then I thought “well, maybe I’ll get a lot of points if I win”. I lost two games by very little, came first on hero and siege damage, good stats. Each loss took 500 points. 500. Then I won one, got 400 something. I didn’t want to give up, so I kept playing, and I kept losing and getting worse and worse team mates. Almost all of them had less than 50% win rate, and each time I lost they got more and more toxic, didn’t play with the team, just did whatever they wanted. Also, most people here don’t speak english, because there are a lot of rusians. How are we supposed to communicate?

I can’t keep playing like this, guys. I finish each match feeling like garbage, reporting people, probably getting reported as well. I play to the best of my abilities and all I get in return are insults, threats and I keep getting deeper in the mud of this sick community. I wouldn’t mind so much if I hadn’t invested so much time in this game.

Blizzard, it’s time to stop remaining quiet and do something.

2 Likes

I feel ya.

I have a similar experience where I often end up with decent stats compared to my team, and yet we lose because there had to be that one guy who goes afk / loses connection / feeds / doesn’t understand their hero / over-extends / insert-whatever.

It is frustrating and the problem with HotS is that the single player often cannot carry enough to make the difference in every match. My perception is also that the lower you get, the more toxic players will be and generally “the more random” the outcome gets.
Playing in platinum myself now but when I play with my silver friend, we got rainbow matchmaking … and oh boy, there are some true gems of players in these matches. :frowning:

It would be great if personal outcome at least had SOME influence on ranking points. Even if it would just correct you by up to 10% it would be enough to climb the leagues over time if you should be higher.

2 Likes

Pribomb#2971 Feel free to add me Im usually around for some games, hard to tilt, do some coaching (althought at plat i doubt you need it) flex player

Pri :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with what you are saying. Even tho I increase in skill and often has most impact in games. There are these “guy who goes afk / loses connection / feeds / doesn’t understand their hero / over-extends / insert-whatever.” And Russians (or people who use chryllic alphabet) it has a to large effect and impact of the game. This season I even dropped down a rank even tho as you say I get MVP and win games I’m rank in. It is really frustrating to meet the toxic players one is trying to avoid.

1 Like