In-Game survey: How Effective the reporting system is ?

@Blizzard
That is a wrong question really, it’s not the problem of it being effective or not, it’s a question of it’s accuracy and the level of penalty being given that is the problem.

1 Like

I think we all wish to know how accurate it is, but some of the people will disagree and say it was too strict or not accurate since no one looked at the case.

Eitherway… I know Blizzard has trouble balancing it… but if they just make a more clear rules of toxicity and what goes and what not. The report system will not have faults.
ITS THAT SIMPLE!

Especially if you get a Warning, for the wrong things. I know myself. I got a warning for AFK, everything else especially language I would have accepted, but not afk, cause i play even if i am upset. I flame but I play 8(. Soooo wrong reports it seems ^^.

Opened a ticket on how to lodge an appeal against it, my response: “Your Ban is correct, ticket closed”. Apparently staff is so overworked they don’t even respond to your inquiry. An “What you did, is the way to do it. The Warning stays.”, would suffice. Apparently they don’t even know what they respond to. I had a warning, he talks about a ban. I wanted to know how to lodge an appeal (as i could not find guide in the German forums) he ignores it and just states: ‘all is in order’. Don’t know what to think about that to be honest.

2 Likes

That is gonna be one hell of a long list with today’s radical leftist political correct snowflake-program.

I think I will start posting this in every topic about their faulty report system: Remove automated report handling and add player council with rewards for reviewing cases. 10 cases/day = 1chest, not repeatable, but you are welcome to review more. Just 2 options: pardon or punish. Each case reviewed by 3 or 5 players, all anonymously. I know in lol they have something like this, why just not copy their idea?

I believe this would work much better than the current system, you limit resources needed to serve the entire process and source the work to players at the cost of 1 chest a day. It’s a win win situation.

The reward might be something different, I guess 1chest is ok. Without reward no one will do it.

Personally I think the issue is not with automated handling of the reports but the adamant automated responses to tickets contesting the rulings. Blizzard does NOT involve themselves in checking if it’s a valid report or not, they just left it to the auto-pilot and pretend it’s otherwise (while in fact you can still prove it being 110% automated)

My solution was simple and I given it several times.
Penalize players for invalid reports.

If players give a false report simply because they don’t like someone, they should be penalized.

Before you guys barf all your opinions on this at me, keep in mind, Square-Enix implemented this system early in their FF14 development, thus the number of false reports is minimal and they can easily handle legit reports. There’s actually 178 representatives handling reports from US, Europe and Asia regions of the game, and they have no problems giving legit comprehensive responses very quickly.

The amount of report selections in their game is short, bug, suggestion, report player, account.

The average response time is approx 20 mins, and it so happens they do get false reports, however, even so, people are penalized, it’s not an idle threat, people get account suspensions for 3-7 days, that’s 3-7 days of your paid time in-game you can’t do anything, and the best part is they take regular actions against RMT, something what I don’t see Blizzard doing since they don’t care to even inform about it.

There is too much automation in Blizzard, sometimes I wonder if there is anyone working there at all or is it SkyNet ?

Yeah, just met you and your friend in unranked, being afk on purpose while flaming in base…so yeah, I guess they did it correctly, it should just have been longer…

Honestly, i’d love to see statistics on how people voted on that one.

1 Like

yeah just met you and no friends in “insert game mode here” with you intentionally feeding causing level and tier lead for the others ignoring all pings and after 5 minutes we gave up. I wonder why.

Man people can think up so much stuff and just claim victim-hood. It what all cool kids do nowadays. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. I’m just gonna claim like you do, they should ban your account on account of ineptitude in-game and general provocative behavior in forums, apparently.

Even funnier consider this, I am never afk, I flame but I am not afk. If you think otherwise prove it. Show the game, till you do I will call you a liar flamer and generally bad person.

Reporting does nothing. Never has and never will.

Unless you get frustrated seeing people afk 5 games in a row and say a naughty word. Then? Then you get banned in 5 minutes.

4 Likes

But of course, I would think nothing less from a self proclaimed flamer who is proud of it.
A reply over a year later is hard to notice, since blizz forums aren’t on such advanced level as to send emails about replies :slight_smile:
But wait, you want the game? Sure, it was 11th Nov 2018 22:49, with your friend BheadR. (can’t post links here).
Now what about your made up claim that you even admit it’s made up, hmm…I guess I know who the liar is here.

I don’t understand how i’m suppose to know how effective reporting is. I report someone and move onto next game, how would i even know what happens to that guy?