Information for returning/ new players interested in HOTS

Hey everyone!

We are seeing a wave of newcomers with the arrival of our Lord and Savior Deathwing (also, the ‘All Heroes Free’ promotion has helped a lot!). Meanwhile I stumbled on a useful thread at Reddit with compiled info for newcomers and thought I would repost it here, with the permission of OP, Ochlupin. This is data compiled by him and not official announcements- please feel free to reply with your own tips that would help newcomers. Hope this is useful!

4 Likes

Hi, I am the OP of this thread on reddit. It’s currently being actively updated for user suggested changes. Please do checkout the thread at reddit for the most up to date version. Thanks and welcome back to the Nexus!

3 Likes

when is deathwing coming out ?

“Actively updated on reddit”. Yeah I think you don’t know that we have been ranting here once because the devs only care about reddit and not their own forums

2 Likes

This is not a post to address you rant. I don’t frequent these forums and was asked to share this here so returning players can get up to speed quickly. You are welcome to skip the post if it doesn’t incrementally benefit you in any way but a lot of returning/new players will find it helpful.

1 Like

All heroes for free ruined ranked even more. Please use brain next time

How dare you not include MFPallyTime in the list of streamers, he is the reason for half of HOTS player base to exist.

Please fix this ASAP.

Unknown, but my best guess is December 3rd (with the PTR beginning November 25th), based on the following:

• This patch will go live on December 3rd, which is when The Scarlet Heist (Fall Event) and the current Storm League Season ends.
  • It makes sense that the patch would also start the Winter Event (Toys 2), from which two skins (Tickle Mephisto and Cosmonaut Qhira), and a toy train mount were shown at BlizzCon.
  • It was said at BlizzCon that the PTR would hit “in a couple of weeks” (which might have been a slight understatement, but technically not wrong) - and given that the Nexus Anomalies (Experience Orbs) was part of the same playable version that had Deathwing, it seems likely to fit in with the above.
  • It was likewise mentioned that the Nexus Anomalies are meant to happen in-between Seasons (just as the previous 2018 and 2019 Gameplay Updates have), which fits with the 2019 Season 3 ending.

“Despite slower content release there is more focus on balance and the game is in a good state meta-wise” Well that’s a disgusting lie, all you vs every single game is Overwatch heroes and Kael’Thas.

MFPallytime has sexually harassed several women for months behind his girlfriend’s back and blamed it on alcohol.

I’d rather he wasn’t included anywhere anymore.

1 Like

Can you add this: All the places you’ll go; all the ways that you’ll throw – A picture-book guide to throwing your games as a resources for new/returning player :slight_smile:

Helped me a lot in the past