Just lost (to the DEAD game) another one...?

4 yrs+ of playing…1000’s of games…not a pro, just play recreationally for fun…

don’t waste lots of time in que for ranked…just play QM which is QUICK to load and most times fun.

ALWAYS hover at 50% +/- based on QM algorithms…the game doesn’t allow you to win constantly if you are a really good player…because of matchup comps like those listed below…

last 30 games… win rate of 18%…
-Bad players that don’t take the time to learn the game overall or the map
-Players that leave matches in first 5 mins or never show up at all
-Players that just try out their toons, are completely ineffective, die a lot, and say “sorry”
-Wholly unbalanced comps from the “Blizzmaker” over and over and over
-Players that are playing the wrong game (i.e. they think its streetfigher or some other fighting game with no other task that to hit enemy heroes, die and respawn)

Just finished a game of Towers…8 min game…all towers owned by enemy 2 kills to 29
This is a microcosm of what I endured this week.

It wasn’t just a phase or streak of bad luck for 5 or 6 or 7 games…dozens of games completely unwinnable blowouts based on the comps provided and the actual ineptitude of the players specific to their ability in the game to do anything other than rapidly contribute to a hasty loss.

When people say the game is dead, what they mean is that the casual player that used to have fun and be able to QUICKLY load up a game with decent teammates and have a competitive match (win or lose) is all but shunning this formerly interesting game.

Don’t know what happened, but after playing regularly for months after a year long break, now the bottom drops out and 82% of my matches are horribly lopsided, incredibly frustrating time suks.

Hey Blizz, (are you even listening…do you even care at this point?) should I continue or just delete and bury the bad memories of a game that once was enjoyable?

• answer - ''sigh…another one of those crybabies…oh well, we had our run, but cant afford to update anything in the game that is not profitable for us any more…take it or leave it."

OK - this post was not about trying to get the game improved anyway…like at this point it could…just a ‘rant’ for such a horribly time-suk, and fun-suk experience.

2 Likes

Ever since they started making everyone’s win rate ~50%, the game did start to become annoying. You’d be surprised how many players still think that this is a myth and blizzard isn’t tampering with win rates and I think the devs would try to change MM if more people would speak up.

Many players try to circumvent the MM BS by only playing in parties, you can try the same if you don’t mind waiting a few minutes in party finder.

its like with every blizzard game, very much potential but at last killed by they own developers

Whos fault is it? Player’s fault who play platinum with skill bronze? or meybe blizzard script who put player who winnin 1/50 matches to platinum or diamond?

Yeah the matchmaking is annoying. It is not like starcraft, because its five minds with a single goal.

I had a game the other day where no one was soaking lanes. my self played malfurion, so it wasnt ideal but from time to time i went to soak alone. were leading in kills 5-0. I tried to tell my teammates that it means nothing, theyre taking all our forts and leading in experience. I wish the matchmaking system was more intuitive, so that players with the same play style was matched together on a team. specifically soaking, build, obj time, and one of the more annoying misconceptions. knowing when the fight is lost. not respawn and die one by one.

1 Like

Most annoying thing is trolls who have a script to avoid being kicked for afk or just simply suicide over and over. Then there’s the griefers who would play Garrosh and throw teammates behind enemy lines or Anduin and pull you away from getting a kill (same for Stitches). These people need a perma ban for the game to have any hopes.