Leaver status after a won quick match

so, I start up a quick match to have some fun with hammer.
romp along and we end up winning the match. their core explodes, I get the announcer saying “Victory!” and then right after it disconnects me (even though I had zero connection issues up until that point) and now I am stuck on reconnecting because it can’t reconnect to a match that is finished and can’t get past that screen unless I hit ‘leave’ button and accepts leaver status.
Seriously, how poor is that?
I’ve waited 15 minutes and it’s not showing any sign of getting past the screen so I have to bite the bullet and hit the button so I can get penalized for something that is an error on blizzards side.

Awesome programming. Remind me never to waste money on your products in the future.

You are right

The reconnect system is complete rubbish sometimes

1 Like

Sure this can happen, barely ever, but it can happen, but it doesn’t mean that the game is trash and you shouldn’t support the game. And if you are that annoyed by it, why are you still playing the game?

actually I stopped playing for half a year and just recently started playing a bit again. But honestly, I’m not seeing much to keep me “hooked” and certainly not to start using money again like before the change to “2.0”. The latest failure was just now (and the reason I am on the board again to see if anyone encountered likewise) where my client suddenly forgot that I was logged in and when I logged in it asked me to verify with a code because it wasn’t sure I was me, even though the only logins it registered (and sent mails for) where from my own machine.
It feels like the netcode is going to hell or not being maintained.

1 Like

if you really like the game, you would play no matter what. 2 games: battlefield heroes and battleforge both got shut down but are being revived by small groups of people. If you could just see how dedicated the players are and how supportive they can be to games that they love. They experience constant crashes, bugs, progression losses, connectivity issues and you know what? They don’t mind it.

My point is that no matter how buggy or broken the game can be, those who love it will keep on playing it.

Quick side note- idk why having to verify is supposed to be an issue. Like have you ever used steam? It requires a code to from your phone to log in, to verify all trades and selling on the market and so I don’t think that a one time verification would hurt you at all.

the verification thing was clearly the client or server messing up.
Logging in another day and I could just log in without any problems.

That’s why it is/was an issue. An example of the code in the software either being left unmaintained or simply left as poor workmansship.

1 Like