My journey from plat 1 to silver 1

Sooo each season i win more games than i lose on placements and it progressively places me under what i was in previous season. I get matched trolls and ii loose the same amoutn of points as them. The stats in the score menu does not mean anything as blizzard does not take into consideration personal play. it does not matter how you play, this game is so unfair! Went to play Dota 2 and for 1 month of playing i got higher rank than in 4 years in Heroes! Just like that! And Dota 2 is way more ocmplicated than Heroes of the Storm. This game is so dead, noone even cares. Bye bye, Blizzard! :slight_smile:

Its a shame i have invested so much into that game and not only me, but thousands of people got very disappointed.

3 Likes

It is all about skill. The more you play the closer you get to your actual rank. Sounds like you were playing too high ranked games considering your skill level and now you are where you belong to

I totally get you bro. This is by far the worst matchmaking system I have ever seen in my years playing MOBA games. The games are boring, the placement matches are meaningless, players mostly dont get the game, AI farmers everywhere for completing quests and EXP, in gold divison you get ranked with lvl 55 players, I am still amazed how the game is still alive.

So yeah, I just come every 1 or 3 months. play a few games in order to see if they have made imporvements, and then leave. It is a waste of time, you get more league progress in other games, and of course more balance.

I doubt i am gettin worse in the game. The game does not provide the ability for one player to carry the gaem, while 1 player can ruin the game for others. It would be good if one player is tosix or AFK to soak some of the loss for other players. Example: A player is afk or toxic whole game- he loses 500 and everyone else looses 150-100, something like that. This will encourage players to play good, because as of now, there are no reason to play good when you are on the loosing side. it does not make any difference on how you play. If i e-mail you all my toxic games you will understand what i am talking about. I am always psoitive in games and i have less than 50% winrate , all because of leavers and toxic players. At the end of the day I lose the same amount of points as the player who is not ever trying to win… I believe that is all i can advise you on my point of the game. I am sure the top ranks have their toxicity as well, it’s jsut impossible to advance other than have a huge amount of luck and win enough games to cling a bit… It’s all about rolling that dice

You might not be getting worse. However when playerbase skill is increasing and your are not improving alongside it, it is the same end result. You are getting worse in comparison to rest

I have to disagree with your point of one player cant carry the game. I have personally won games when one player in my team trying to win the game for enemy team. Inflicting 0 dmg while running deep into their base to give em free exp. So these 4v6 can be carried at low ranks if you are skilled enough.

I have always said that only people who lack skill and game knowledge believe that this game is luck based. It is illusion low rank players create for themselved as a reason why they cant climb up.

If your point of luck is true, how do you explain the fact that every single grand master and high master get thro bronze-plat with 80%+ winrate. We all play with same players and those who are better than rest will climb, those who are not stay or drop

Anyways I do agree that it would be great add to system to penalize those trolls and force them to loose more points

2 Likes

I believe trolls are the main issue here. if you have skill u cant carry a entire team. because one thing is first ( soak exp ) mostly everybody wants to be apart of the fight and no one want to soak. next is picking the right hero for draft. not your favorit in Quickmatch.

Also if troll " feeder " doesnt care.
This season is the worst, and im not alone on this one. I might be a Bronze player but every time im close to silver, " my draft team " thinks ohh no -

I played with a friend whois gold, and its the same, 1 healer, 1 tank - and 3 range, because he wanted to play range and didnt care to go melee as last pick.

there is not much difference between bronze and gold. even platin isnt much better from what i remember. all u get is egomaniacs or ppl who have no clue what to do.