Need to add more ways to get Gold

With the next patch the so called real-money gambling will no longer be a thing in Heroes of the Storm. Loot chests can no longer be bought with gems but in its stead you can buy 1 rare loot chest with 3000 gold. This is a good change in my opinion, considering that in a free to play game everything in it should be accessible without the must to pay with real money, which this change aids to do further (Although, you can get loot chests by simply playing the game). And gambling is bad to begin with.

Another change that will occur in the next patch is that Gold can now be converted into Shards. 2000 Gold turns into 100 Shards and 10 000 Gold turns into 500 Shards. This change is also good, so that shards become more easily accessible when your leveling slows down.

But there is an issue with these changes. The amount of Gold gained by playing the game is nowhere near the levels it needs to be at in order to accomodate all the features that requires Gold to access without taking weeks or months.

The ways to earn Gold in the game currently include the following:

1. From Games. With the First win of the Day bonus you get 50% more gold from your first win (Except for in Heroes Brawl). With a Boost active, you get an additional 150% gold per game.
  • Vs Ai totals.
    Loss: 0
    Win: 10
    Boost Win: 25
    Fwotd: 15
  • Quick Match, Unranked and Hero League totals (Note: Hero League becomes Storm League with next patch).
    Loss: 20
    Boost Loss: 50
    Win: 30
    Boost Win: 75
    Fwotd: 45
  • Team League totals (Note: Becomes Storm League with next patch).
    Loss: 30
    Boost Loss: 75
    Win: 50
    Boost Win: 125
    Fwotd: 75
  • Heroes Brawl totals.
    Loss: 10
    Boost Loss: 25
    Win: 20
    Boost Win: 50
    One Round Won: 15
    Boost One Round Won: 38
  1. By completing Daily Quests. These quests are gained once per day and you can “store” up to 3 quests at any given time. They also vary in rewards.
  • Play 2 games with a hero from a specific universe: 200 Gold
  • Play 3 games with a hero with a specific role: 300 Gold
  • Win 3 games: 600 Gold
  • Play 8 games: 800 Gold
  1. By completing the Tutorials once each, giving 250 Gold (Intro), 250 Gold (Basic) and 500 Gold (Advanced) respectively.
  1. Every 5 levels you level a Hero gives you 500 Gold.
  1. Qualifying for Hero or Team League grants you anywhere from 500 to 2000 Gold, depending on your rank, at the end of the season. (Note: These two will merge and become Storm League with next patch.)
  1. Event Quests.
  • Limited to a seasonal event.
  • Can only be completed once.
  • Varied Gold amount.
  • (Toys event unique in that it had constant quests that rewarded 25 Gold each.)

Now let’s take a look at what you can spend that Gold on after next patch.

1. Heroes.
  • 4 000-10 000 Gold each.
  • The Newly released Hero costs 15 000 Gold.
  1. Specific Announcers
  • 8 000 Gold a piece.
  • Only a few of them.
  1. Gold Mount.
  • 8 000-10 000.
  • When they are there. (Should ALWAYS be there for purchase, and not limited time.)
  1. Shard Convertion.
  • 100 Shards = 2 000 Gold.
  • 500 Shards = 10 000 Gold.
  1. Rare Loot Chest.
  • 3 000 Gold per chest.
  1. Re-Rolling chests.
  • Common/Rare/Hero Specific chests: 250/500/750 Gold
  • Epic chest: 500/1000/1500 Gold
  • Legendary chest: 750/1500/2250 Gold

You currently gain barely any Gold from playing and now there are many things that cost Gold. The game needs to both increase out current gain AND find new ways for us to get Gold to accomodate for these changes.

A few ideas to improve it.

1. Get more Gold based on how much exp you gained in a game.
  2. Add Constant Quests like the ones during the Toys Event, so there is a way to get a constant small amount of Gold all the time.
  3. Get more Gold based on how well you did in a game.
  4. Increase the current Gold rewards.
  5. Get a random amount of Gold when you open a loot chest (as a fifth guaranteed reward) that also varies on Chest quality. (Example: Common chest anywhere from 25-500 Gold, Rare 100-1000 Gold, Epic 300-1500 Gold, Legendary 500-3000, Hero specific 750. (Amounts not thought through, just there as an example))

I would like to end with that this is not only my opinion. I know a few people among my friends and family that share this opinion. I am not saying that you have to agree with it or that you think like me. You may like it as is, but I do not.

So Blizz, is it possible to add more ways to earn Gold in Heroes of the Storm to accomodate to the changes you have added? :smiley:

And to anyone Reading this, have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night/morning!