New loan talents mechanic

Hi there,

Although I am always open to new features and experimenting with them, I have some points to make concerning the Loan system, specifically Jim Raynor’s loan.

At the start of the game, Jim gets +60% bonus damage to his trait which then decays with every death. I have played around with that talent several times now in QM.
The main problem with that one is that it directly interacts with the quest’s gains. A single death immediately negates all progress you made on your quest.
With this new talent, you can only get weaker throughout the game. The loan is too strong for an early game bonus and the drawback is too great to be considered beneficial.

I think that loans could work out. Stitches’ loan is one of the best out of the 4. It does not directly interact with his abilities, and is only a bonus that is not fundamental to his performance.

Jim’s on the other hand is. Four deaths and you lose 60% damage.

Valla and Johanna’s loans are also pretty good ones.

TL;DR: Jim Raynor’s loan needs rework as he can only get weaker with it. Stitches is a good model (IMO), Valla and Johanna are pretty good.
Overall, loans still need work.

as an 560 lv jimmy all i have to say is that this rework is the greatest nerf so far
not only for the loan, now jimmy has to choose between atk speed or heals on Q when he had the both and also lost execution 20 lvl talent which was his most dmging talent.
Last to mention the reduction on Q and autos.