Nova buff please

They have given you a talent to pick to cater the wave clear issue.
Theres no way they will buff her wave clear abilities, and I find no reason for doing it. Nova shines in coordinated team, her team knows the 3 lanes r their responsibility, and they expect nova to do wht she does best = snipe targets and provide opportunity for the next team fight to either start as 4v5 (in nova’s team favor) or, if it starts as 5v5, nova quickly turns it into 4v5 in her teams favor.
n for tht, her kit is perfectly balanced :slight_smile:

Exactly!

1 Like

well padly, what do you suggest they change about her so I don’t get trolled and raged when I pick her.

Valeera or Zera are also single target stealth assassins, yet they can wave clear and lane just fine. In normal setup, with tank/bruiser/mage/healer+Nova she pretty much fills the AA roll and is required to lane early game, its her weakest point. If she was to fill the role of a mage she’d need a lot more CC and AoE. The talent you guys keep mentioning is at level 16 so its irrelevant, I don’t know why you bring that up again (besides, nobody picks it).

Again, if you guys disagree, please suggest some other changes. If you disagree she needs buffs tell me why people rage at me when I want to pick her and then troll and throw the game?

So keep this logical, you can either
a) disagree she needs a buff
b) agree she needs a buff but disagree its early game wave clear that needs to be buffed.

So what do you think?
We can’t rely on hotslogs (even though she is pretty terrible there) but your own experiences. Do you like when someone picks Nova in your team over, lets say Raynor, and do you like playing Nova in ranked games? afaik in pro games they don’t play her at all, but for me its more important bronze-master than pro games for my own enjoyment.

Valeera cant do camps, bruiser camp for sure she cant,
zera can do but would be tough, would drop him much low on hp

Nova, on the other hand, can do it without a single scratch with bribe
thts where they balanced nova out,

not every hero is meant to do good in all compartments.

Nova can steal enemy camps faster than tht slippery camp stealer (murky) ,

there is the compensation for lack of wave clear i believe

1 Like

Very well Clipper, now go with logic, anser a) or b) from my post instead of hammering on your disagreement with my suggested changes.

Do you think she is well balanced and a good pick in teams, according to your personal experience.

and if not, what do you think needs to be changed?

Nova is a very situational hero, same like aba, if theres no AA hero, aba’s value is dropped to half , and he only goes on to lane .

Nova is fine how she is,
if ur suggestion of =

is implemented,
I believe they will have to remove the bribing thing, and nova is balanced

if they dnt remove the bribing, nova is fine, she can get her stacks and instantly get 2 giants to help her clear waves,
not as effective as others, but shes not made for it,

if ur suggestion is implemented, i believe she needs her bribing the mercs removed

since I almost never pick bribe mercs, I’m totally fine with them removing it…but holo projection is kinda important for the AA build so moving the 16 talent to level 4 might not solve the problems of falling behind regarding xp early game.

Regardless, you say the hero is fine in its current form, so I ask you, why do I get SOOOO much hate, even when I prepick her? Let alone actually picking her which often results in rage, arguments in chat and trolling. Yet if I pick Raynor, everyone is happy, regardless my skill on Nova is far superior to my Raynor skills.

which rank r u in?
n playing nova is tricky, i the right hands she is a nightmare for the enemy team,
but she needs the right team too, if somone goes nova, then the tank n healer both need wave clear,

if ur nova, n ur tank is anub, and ur healer is morales and ur assassin r li ming and chromie , well, u hav already lost the game, and you would all need to work reallly well together to win it,

if u pick nova, u need to make sure ur healer is with wave clear, like rehgar/auriel/alex, and ur tank shud b johanna/diablo/blaze, to compensate for the wave clear issue,

and u need to go bribe, it will add a lot of value to u,
unless u take lethal decoy at lvl16 ur lvl4 talent shudnt b holo stability
rapid projection helps in cases of chromie n stitches, to safe allies by casting holodecoy in front of them so the hook grabs ur decoy,

other than tht, bribe is better,
bcoz at lvl16 , lethal decoy is useless it gives extra 20% damage (10% is baseline)
crippling shot lowers armour by 20% , means if u start with W, ur AA n Q will do 20% more damage, that is much more than wht extra 20% damage from ur decoy would do.
or u can go on snipe talent for wave clear,
the decoy talent is most pathetic in tht tier

I am platinum 3 and my Nova is level 86.

Its my best hero so her winrates are high, didn’t play her this season though because we played as team of 3 and I ended up as tank every game apart from few.
My main issue is the rage of my teammates when I pick her.

BTW I go with holo projection because of mana issues and holo helps with wave clear (during laning all you can use is snipe and holo after 4 or else you will need to hearthstone), its also useful for scouting which is needed because you don’t have escapes as good as other stealthers, and with buff from one in the chamber at 7. Its a lot of value to trade for occasional merc camp which can be done by someone in your team more efficiently anyways (for example your bruiser).

Zeratul can be AoE stealth assasin with cleave :sweat_smile:

Tank + Healer mid lane, bruiser and mage must go solo. Nova can snipe enemies to kill them or force them go back to hearthstone (easy exp). If your team don’t know that, the cooperation will be zero and is better don’t pick Nova :zipper_mouth_face:

I disagree she needs a buff. People don’t understand how play with her and I think they saw a few terrible Nova. I saw Nova pick against Tassadar and Nova player didn’t know why we are irritated. Nova was always in Tassadar’s Oracle and always she died… :rofl: PS: Never first pick Nova :sweat_smile:

Wow, platinum 3 :zipper_mouth_face: Most of my games are in silver league :rofl:

Ignore people

Pick the hero you want and have fun

Disable Team Chat

You will feel better

Avoiding a chat everyday keeps the hatred away

Because Xylord didnt enswer to you…i will do it(btw he his enswer up in topic,is not again enswer, a only pure tip!! ).

She is still hated ,because this is old sht thinking of player base sindrom,is not guilty itself Nova, just still exist so many sht thinking young peoples!!. That is real reason , that why this half trash player base rage or trolling or hate or dislike it !.
Aa exsit one reason,depens a lot from draft other class choosed heroes. She is not for all combinations from heroes!.

Thats because people pick nova while know nothing abt her play and die 3 to 4 times with 5 to 6 kills with as much damage as the tank,
Honestly, if anyone in my team picks nova, i would directly go n check his stats, for other heroes i wont, but for nova, for tlv, for aba, for tracer, and some more, i will always check stats and tell them to change. bcoz they require a verrrrry HIGH skill to play decent with n to add value

What build do u go with?
my this account nova is like lvl10,
but i played her a lot in last account which i lost.
I rememebr playing nova in the times when a talent allowed 2 holo decoys to be made out of one :smiley: lol, u could hav 4 novas in the screen with just one being YOU ,

I used to go this build mostly before =
1= advanced cloak (more mana regeneration n no need to mount bcoz of speed)
4= rapid projection (lower decoy mana n time)
7= one in the chamber (boost up damage)
10= triple tap (works well in bronze)
13= double tap (more Ws)
16= crippling shots (lower armour)
20= triple tap upgrade

Now im going this build and really enjoying (I specially take this in maps where team fights r centered around obj like cursed hallow, volskaya, hanamura, and even in dragon shire, infernal shrines n BoE bcoz the push with obj is the entire team thing. =

1= advanced cloak (to get mana n extra speed)
4= covert mission (bribe and camps n pressure)
7= perfect shot (snipe cd reduced by 4 seconds = snipe every 2 secs :smiley:)
10= triple tap, but precision strike for chanelling obj, like cursed hallow and specially towers of dooms
13= double tap (the snipe extra range isnt useful n 2 Ws is better)
16= explosive rounds (help make nova from single target damage to burst which helps in clustered obj team fights n also on laning)
20= Ultimate Upgrade, or APPOLO SUIT if more clickable enemy abilites, like living bomb or kerrigan Q to jump,

appolo suit really helps well to do constant poke n stay save, coz after a second, u vanish and cant b clicked :slight_smile:

Im actually enjoying a lot in this build,
also bcoz snipe stacks r always up, even if i miss, i can full them up quickly, n the explosive rounds is awesome, i feel it wil b nerfed may b soon :open_mouth: 90% is huge, may b they make it 75% if more people start picking it up

I can’t judge for higher leagues because I never played in them, but I remember having a game against two GM smurfs and afterwards we were in same team and chatted a bit and one of them was nice and we talked a bit more, but other just told me “who plays Nova lol”.
I think only blizzard knows because they have the correct statistics, and I think I haven’t seen her once this season in my team leagues. (I was just playing tanks in ranked).
EDIT:
@Clipper, my usual build is:

• long range pinning shot (extends auto attack range as well), makes it safer and boosts damage once you pick up one in the chamber.
  • lower holo mana and cd (scouting makes you safer, boosts your damage from one in the chamber)
  • one in the chamber (burst damage for ganking)
  • orbital cannon (more reliable than triple tap and gives you a global if needed)
  • extra pinning shot charge (boosts damage from one in the chamber, extra slow = dead enemy heroes in bad position)
  • lower armor from pin shot (more damage for everyone in team! also you)
  • second orbital canon (it has so short cd you become like ragnaros, pushing other lanes while fighting, you have two charges on low cd so one should always be ready) … to elaborate, if you knock down a keep you can keep pushing that lane and force one of the enemy heroes to go fight the accumulated catapults which results in a 5v4 fight somewhere else where your team will win and since its at level 20+ its usually game winning.
    Few things to note, early game only use snipe after 4 use holo, pray they don’t depush you and conserve mana, in tf flank backline when 1 is ready, don’t die over nearly dead enemy heroes, just move back and be safe, bruisers are scary, especially d.va, Varian and Arthas, be afraid of them, if you can’t safely attack backline, soften up the tanks, you have a lot of damage, hs every chance you get its downtime, use your orbital on cooldown, if you can’t gank a hero, push an offlane, if you see brave kelthas or sylvanas just kill them, dont act like you’re gm you gonna miss the snipe, use pinning shot first, you have two of them…idk, thats all the advice I got atm, try that out.
    All in all, I was rather satisfied with that build (had 70-80% winrates in silver-gold league) but I don’t dare play her anymore. I feel like my team is punished because I can’t bring enough to the table early game because anyone and their nanny can push me out of the lane and cost us experience. If you’re level 6 and enemy is level 7 during obj. its pretty bad situation.

Nova is an awesome character, but for a solo player
n so is Li Ming, i love playing Li ming, but im shifting from her n learning KTZ n Jaina, for the SOLE PURPOSE of adding more value to the team.

Nova n Ming can do insane damage n get kills,

But have no set up, or follow up damage on a gud set up (nova has precision strike, that can work, li ming has nothing really good)

Jaina can throw root after an appocalypse stun, or a jaina root can be followed by appocalypse stun,

nothing that sort is offered by Li Ming or Nova

Thts why, even though nova is a really fun hero to play if u learn her n master her, but the intense TEAMWORK feeling, u just dnt get it,
neither do u get it with other High DPS heroes like
Li Ming, Greymane, Butcher, Samuro,
they dont bring anything much in a team fight except from good damage,

While heroes like KTZ, Jaina, Orphea, Maiev, all bring a really gud initiation or follow up that can help wipe out an entire team in mere 2 to 3 seconds and completely turn around the game

And im sure you will agree,
A game of getting 20 kills with nova without dying, tht is NO WAY near the 2 to 3 seconds duration of = BLOWING UP the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM in 2 to 3 seconds with well synergy abilities or ultimates fired one after the other by DIFFERENT hereos, not just one hero do q w e r n booom all dead, but a team effort, :slight_smile:

n thts wht im focused on,

n thts why ppl say “who plays nova?”
and mostly people in lower leagues hate nova bcoz nova players r super noob, ,so if anyone picks up nova in ranked, everyone lose their head

Which will be really hard to do with your current way of playing but I hope you’ll be really good someday

Jaina is much easier and I noticed you are quite good with her

As someone who has seen how you play

I can tell you that you need to start learning from the basics

Stop thinking of blowing up the enemy team because I know it’s something that you and a lot of other people would love to do and often fantasize about

Instead start learning to play safer

It’s not just about positioning but about changing your battle-stance from AGGRESSIVE to be a more relaxed player

The goal in the early game should often just be to get an experience advantage over the enemy team

You don’t always need to take risks and try and kill enemy heroes for that

Please don’t think I am insulting you because I actually quite admire some of the things you can do as a player and in some ways I even wish I was more like you and want to learn from you as well

Now about Nova:

Most people end up playing Nova super aggressively without taking advantage of her stealth

They often die a lot when countered as a result

And that’s the usual reason for all the hate she gets

She’s super useful if you play her like a Ranged Valeera

Poke damage a bit

Run away

Poke again

If enemy hero is low enough on health you go for the kill

Patience is key here

In the early parts of the game

Your goal as Nova should be to annoy solo-laners or pushers to prevent them from wrecking buildings or soaking experience from a lane

In the later parts of the game

You definitely need to focus more on the ASSASSIN part and take down those high value targets like healers in and out of team-fights so that the enemy team is left at a disadvantage

The problem with a lot of players is that they tend to play like it’s late-game all the time with someone like Nova

And it causes some serious problems because almost all they do is focus on getting kills and nothing else

A Nova who actually works together with her team is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!

I’ve played with such players and have been playing against many of them

So I would know

Players who are unaware of or willingly ignore their own team will have a really hard time winning with Nova

Players who practice with her often and help their team by securing kills and slowing chasing enemies down will find Nova to be quite an amazing hero

Nova right now is the best she’s ever been in terms of balance

And I wouldn’t change a thing

Challenging for a new player to be good with as she should be

And VERY POWERFUL in the hands of an experienced player who understands teamwork

Awesome game on Hanamura Temple last night by the way! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh com on, hitting KTZ chains to beginner AI, tht would b hard for Gold level KTZ also, those AI’s r dancing the whole time lol
I think i got my quest up by 7mins in AI, if i got it up in 7mins in AI im sure im doing well against humans, :smiley: so thts a satisfaction, but i agree i shud keep coming to AI beginner to better up chaining skillshots n perfecting the speedy combo

No, i dnt mean doing it all by myself, i meant KTZ can b a gud follow up for jaina frost ring ulti to chain n blow up, or as a repeated fissure ulti after a follow up on gazlow bomb-stun ulti.
similarly, if KTZ chains n roots someone, jaina can follow up with blizzard or ring of frost to secure 2 confirm kills.

Nova n ming dont offer such synergy, thts wht i meant :slight_smile:

Honestly, im much more relax n careful when playing against humans, i died 4 to 5 times before, now its like 2 or 3 times only, n tht also later game when things get little crazy

Of course not, even if your words r coated with a bit of anger or frustration, i know they coming from a brother, not sure an elder or younger one though lol,
im 34 by the way :slight_smile: and honestly, your 10 times more excited than i m for me to learn KTZ get better n better n best with him, tht is a HUGE motivation, i cannot put it into words.

True, Nova is all about getting kills, but CERTAINLY NOT for herself,
Getting kills FOR THE TEAM, no matter who secures it,

If enemy low health, snipe n send them to rest at hearthstone
if enemy high health, damage them to lower their health forcing them to retreat or re position,

but sadly, most ppl playing nova tht i see in bronze, just waiting for their team to get enemy low enough so they can go n W Q AA to secure kill, n guess wht? most of them miss the Q and dnt even secure the kill :smiley:

Very true, but shes a single-target burst damage hero, like valeera.
not like an AoE multi-target burst like jaina or KTZ , Nova shines when the enemy have high burstt damage squishies, like KT or KTZ or even Valla or others.

haha, tht ChoGal was OP lol, :smiley: was fun
I seriously think if u both can get more synergy and better positioning, and better accuracy with ChoGal, we will hav a GOD CHOGAL out there completely melting enemies from bronze till silver1 , quite sure of that, coz u both did very well in the 2 games

1 Like

On the other hand, some one trick ponies got reworked to gain also additional abilities. E.g. Azmodan was originally built to split push and soak more lanes at the same time or soak a lane while also fighting at objective. His team fight capabilities were below average tho. Now he is one of the best split pushers, he can still soak lanes from distance and he is also one of the best assassins in the game. I wouldn’t mind if Nova gets some extra wave clear capabilities since it is essentially the only thing which makes her useless right now. Especially after her burst damage was massively nerfed and she was also hit by stealth rework.

Nova would quickly become too popular and you’d see her all over the place if she had good wave-clear right from the start

Resulting in either these changes being reversed or her damage getting lowered even more

Think carefully about whether this is what you really want

Only blizzard has real data and knows if she needs buffing or not, from my experience - I never saw her played in ranked this season, she is not very popular according to hots logs, and as far as her winrate in lower league goes - its 50% in masters (played in 12 games only) and 36% in bronze league, so …kinda useless data, small sample…but I do feel like she needs buffing.

I played with Nova in team last storm league in gold 5. We won on kills 18:0 and ending push was 5 minutes in one lane. All our team killed their team repeatedly and without replenishment mana and health :rofl: Really I was laughing 15 minutes after this match :rofl: PS: I played Malfurion

1 Like