Nova buff please

When you use snipe, your next basic attack within 3 seconds splashes for 100% around the target.

Snipe already has a talent that offers this functionality to the ability itself

Giving it to a basic attack and having it be a baseline ability would make Nova way too good especially at wave-clear

Which is not supposed to be where she shines to begin with

That talent is at level 16, and by then you’re in team fights and the issue with holding a lane is less relevant. it is also not often taken (at least I never take it), because the builds and your role as sniper requires you to take alternative talents for ganks and you gain little value considering its already late game phase.
My problem is its quite often that team mates leave a lane empty and I have to take it. Its fine, since mages are most often best suited to remain in midfield team fights, other stealthers like Samuro, Valeera and Zera can hold their lanes just fine but if you’re up against Nova, just get one small camp and you can even leave your lane because she can’t de-push it. I don’t see why that should be fine? its the sole reason for all the “Nova is just QM hero” and "No Nova pls.

if its a giant camps, its not a problem, the other camp can b a problem

its not much of an issue for me, coz i take reduce cooldown on decoy

when u r defending a camp or minion waves, use ur decoy more often,
even press ur ACTIVE1 key if u hav to,
minions will attack the decoy as u take them out, it will buy u extra time.

while against a person in solo lane, u dnt need to focus to kill minions, u jsut need to punish the solo laner, drop some W Q AA into him, n he will retreat, ,n thts a win for u,

about the xp tht u get from minions, whether u hit them, or they com to tower n the tower hits them, u still get xp as long as u r near the dying minions…

I hope u get wht im trying to say here :slight_smile:

The giants are an issue as well. I was in a game when we had giants pushing top lane (curse map) and I had to defend it, the next wave comes too fast for you to destroy them all, and if you use pin shot cd during laning for maximum damage (I go low cd decoy and one in the chamber) you will be oom in no time and lose xp and possibly wall for hearthstoning, which leads to talent trailing and your inability to gank or be a threat to the enemies during objectives when it matters. Other heroes usually either have wave clear or self heal or infinite mana, Nova has none of that, so I’d say give her this one thing. If you think her damage would be overpowered if that mechanic was introduced it could be “non hero damage” only and there you go. I doubt the problem is Nova’s OP waveclear, because I never heard anyone say Nova has OP waveclear (sure she can push with global late game, but we are talking about early game phase here).

I go those too
All you need to do is to get the giants, the minions wont b an issue, the towers would be hitting them, and ur decoys will help

but if your talking abt being cursed also, and giants at ur gate, of course nova will hav issues dealing with tht, many heroes will have issue dealing with tht scenario. Like Tracer, or even reynor, though reynor can finish off a bit faster using inspire n “giv em some pepper” talents.

Nova is a single-target burst damage. thus, more minions, mean more time for her to clear., shes not meant to b wave clear,

But u can try the snipe build, tht can help,
not just bcoz it reset faster and allows u to hit more snipes, but also allows u to quickly get back ur stacks if u miss, and the 90% damage around target helps clear wave and also help in maps where all r clustered, like volskaya, cursed hallow, infernal shrines, and even in dragon knight map when the enemy is pushing with the dragon…

If u r going with Nova, u need to make sure, tht either ur tank, or ur healer can clear waves too, otherwise it will b a problem

I’m not talking about curse, I’m talking about how long it takes if you only use holo, snipe and auto to clear waves if you’re getting pushed by one camp, even if there is no hero in your lane, it will take forever, and next wave of minions will come you still wont finnish the giants.
She is single target burst, but I think she needs at least some wave clear, a buff I suggested would give her that. LIttle bit, not rehgar levels of wave clear.

Almost as if Nova isn’t intended to wave clear…

1 Like

She does not and it is supposed to be one of her weaknesses

This person understands

1 Like

Hey…i too agree with Zmaj…she kill minions waves a lone so long time.
Must be rework any talent.
And not exist roles in such game like HoTS /virtual, magic , " do not be clear wave minions heroe"…
Lets see what will decide HoTS devs. team in future…

If she can kill minions faster, her talent of bribing minions would have to be removed, She is balanced :slight_smile:

Some heroes are suppose to hav bad wave clear

Since when did Nova ever bribe minions?

See?

Another person who understands

If one hero was good at too many things then other heroes would become meaningless

I mean, bribe mercs with minion-killing stacks,
lol, dnt act like u didnt understand wht i was trying to say,
n u shud let people go once a while Xylord :slight_smile:

You remind me of my English Teacher, I hated her, coz my english sucked badly tht time, still does lol

I am sure she meant well

Good friends always try to help each other become better :grinning:

Since I care about you and you’re an awesome friend I want to help you become better any way I can

I would also love practicing and improving our skills together

I believe we truly could make that destined climb out of Bronze one day

But we can only do that if we point out each other’s mistakes and keep working on teamwork as well as being nice to each other

A lot of people take friendships for granted

I never will because I think you’re an awesome person and the way you love this game almost brings tears to my eyes

I appreciate having you as a friend a lot Clipper

I hope that you will always remain a Hero of the Storm

Me too :slight_smile:

Sure,
Despite being stomped by Smurfs
Despite having being matched with AFKs
Despite having to witness people inta-lock assassin and go in without tanks
Despite having the major lags low frame rates and
Despite all those issues that I cant think of at the moment,
I still love this game :smiley:

1 Like

Same brother! :blush:

Good heroes like you are so rare these days

I wish more people were like you and posted on this forum often

1 Like

yeah,
I see soo many people from EU posting in US.

Of course, i post there too, I enjoy there more,
but as i play in EU, this forum is my home,

No matter how much you enjoy elsewhere, home is home :smiley:

But good to see some more people active in here now, Hopefully if we continue, may b in a couple of months EU forum would b much crowded and active, if not more than EU forum, but still somewhat similar

1 Like

You should then try Karazim if you think Nova is the only one with Wave clearing problems.

3 Likes

This is not just bad wave clear, this is possibly worse in game wave clear, and my suggestion would just slightly buff it. They could bake it into holo projection so she can either chose to be able to deal with a camp push alone or have a camp of her own counter pushing. There are no range stealth heroes but melee, and they can all deal with waves fine (zera, valeera, samuro), range heroes like Raynor, Valla, Zuljin can clear waves as well, not to mention mages.
I mean, there is a reason why I have to endure “no Nova pls” across all leagues I played so far (Bronze-Plat), and if you guys think my suggestion is out of the question, you’re welcome to suggest something yourself that will make her a welcome pick like other stealthers/Ray Valla, Zul etc.

Nova is single ranged stealth assasin. She is not hero for wave clear :smiley: I think it’s right.

1 Like