Nova nerf? Bug? Or intended mechanism?

Ookay. So my only problem here, is Nova’s triple tap, and Valeera as a whole.
Map Hanamura. I pick Valee, cuz you know… Bronze… Enemy pick Nova. So we grind till lvl 10. And she casts TT on me. 1st try: im trying to counter with Smoke Bomb. Nope. Get rekt mate. Second try: my trait (gives invulnerability for a few secs). Fail, as well. So my question is: is it an intended game mechanism, or a bug? Or TT penetrates even invulnerability? If its a bug, ill post it in the bug reports, of course.

1 Like

I main Nova and I think it’s a bug when you use clock of shadows you should block my TT if you activate it at the right time of course and if my TT ignores your ult something is wrong i think.

1 Like

Okay, then I’ll definitely report it as a bug. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Smoke Bomb makes you untargetable, but as far as i know it doesn’t cancel abilities that have already locked on to their target (you).
Next you mention your trait and how it gives invulnerability, which must be wrong. Valeera’s trait puts her in stealth and makes her unrevealable for a second, but doesnt grant invulnerability.
Cloak of Shadows grants unstoppable and damage reduction, so i assume TT will still hit her but with reduced damage. It also cancels damage over time effects but iirc TT isn’t considered damage over time, shown by its lack of damage indicator that dots like Living Bomb and Corruption have.

Either way, you can still report it as a bug but make sure you describe the issue correctly in your report.

2 Likes

i believe there s a lvl 20 talent which automatically grants cloak when using ur trait

cloak removes debuffs but the lock on of tt isnt a debuff. i think u cant remove the lock on of fenix’s purification salvo either, but because salvo fires much faster and has faster travel speed, chances are higher that u block some of the dmg with ur cloak while ur cloak falls off after 1 or 2 hits from nova’s tt

there is no bug here, sry

in the smoke valeera is unrevealable, NOT unvulnerable
you may at best stop one shot with cloak, since the invulnerability is granted only for the first sec
to counter choose the magic resist ult not the smoke, and yet, you get 75% magic resist, which blocks a lot, but not all of the damage

1 Like

im sorry, its just so sweet to see valeera in trouble, Now you know how it feels to be ming against you? I wish you more Tripple Taps this year :smiley: ,
Li-Ming

:smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes